Saturday, May 12, 2007

Baby Come Back.....


I've received 2 comments so far, asking if I was wearing an actual Superman suit in this picture.




WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I BE WEARING A FULL SUPERMAN SUIT?!?!

After a 2nd look, they realized that it was the shadow and it wasn't an actual cape behind me. And besides, Superman's suit doesn't have SHORT SLEEVES!

But I forgive them. Maybe they thought I went to some fancy dress party. The actual picture they saw on Friendster was much smaller and I suppose the shadows gave an illusion that I was wearing a cape.





Somehow, the movie/video "The Secret" ended up at the office today and a few of us had the opportunity to watch it.

Several weeks back, I read about it in The Star paper as well.

"The Secret" is a self help book/movie about positive thinking and features "The Law of Attraction". What mumbo jumbo is this you ask?

Simply put, "The Law of Attraction" states that our feelings and thoughts attract real world events into our lives. As I was watching it, I heard something about, the Universe rearranging itself based on our thoughts or something to that effect.

According to the movie, for these changes in our lives, its as simple as A-B-C:

  • Ask
  • Believe
  • Receive

OK, not really ABC but I think I made my point.

The movie was about 1 1/2 hours long, pretty interesting. More information:

Read it: The Secret, Wikipedia Article

Watch it: The Secret on YouTube (link)



But now that I think about it, it could be true after all. Maybe it does work. Maybe, I've already known about "The Secret" but didn't know it was called "The Secret".


Many years ago, when I was still in Form 5 (way back in 1996), I thought that the Honda Civic was an awesome car. How I wished I could own a Honda Civic. Today I drive.....




Maybe I should've wished for something like a BMW, Nissan Skyline, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Subaru Impreza WRX or even a Ferrari instead! Maybe its not too late.....

Maybe I shall put it to the test right now and send out positive vibes into the Universe.

Luci has gone to Bangkok today, flew off this morning. She told me about it weeks ago and I thought it would be next week. I didn't know it was today until a couple of days ago when she informed me after she got back to work.

So, I will use "The Secret" right now ..... Think positive .....

Ask .....
Believe in the "Law Of Attraction".....

Luci will get me something from her Bangkok trip.

We'll find out in about a week's time or so.....

No comments: