Monday, May 28, 2007

What's Going On.....?



Sunset in Kuala Selangor

First, the team wanted to go to a beach. It was going to be a weekend trip - although I questioned if we could get accommodation on such short notice being the school holidays. I told them I'm not allowed to go near water, ever.

Then, after that, they decided on something else - ride All-Terrain-Vehicles for 3 hours to some waterfall spot somewhere in the jungles in KL, near Zoo Negara. It was going to cost RM 100 per person.

Truth be told - I wasn't feeling that good that they had to cancel the outing because of me. I told them to go ahead but they insisted on making me part of the plans.

Finally, they decided to go see the fireflies in Kuala Selangor. Somehow, all of the plans involved water in someway or the other.

Sure, I've been there once to watch the fireflies. Some of the others haven't. It was a day trip. I was game for it.

We met up late in the afternoon and set off to Klang from Subang Jaya at 3:15pm. A few hours and a few wrong turns later, we arrived at Kuala Selangor at about 6:30 pm.



The arrival.....



A bunch of 20-somethings hogging the playground



Everyone but me.....



Ladies.....



And gentlemen.....



Our rides.....

We were early, the first tour would start at 7:30 pm. We had to entertain ourselves after getting tickets by taking lots of pictures. Tickets were RM 10 each with a bottle of mineral water included. And they only allow a maximum of 4 passengers per boat.

For more photos, please check out this other
site.

The river was muddy and there was rubbish floating everywhere. It was a sad sight to see while there was still light. Once the boat ride began, it was near total darkness, we could hardly see anything except for the outline of the trees and the bushes. Surprisingly, there was still some light even though it was almost 8:00 pm.

The fireflies were like Christmas trees lighted up - only in monochromatic-green lights. Good thing we didn't have many mosquito bites this time around! Unfortunately, no pictures allowed of the fireflies. I doubt they would turn out nice in the photos too.

We left after 8:30 pm. Traffic was a nightmare. Somehow, our original destination for dinner was changed on the way. After a few wrong turns (again!), we finally arrived at Port Klang for dinner past 10:30pm.

I was hungry, hot, sweaty and irritated. The car engine was acting up and there was almost no air-conditioning in the car! My eyes were on the temperature gauge throughout the whole journey to Kuala Selangor and back! Gotta get it fixed ASAP! The gauge was irregular, and the picture was taken as soon as we arrived in Port Klang for dinner.



How do you stop an exploding car.....

All in all, fun but tiring experience. Having a problematic car whilst on a roadtrip is definitely a no-no. There's just no peace of mind!

Finally, the finale of "Heroes" Season 1 has aired. What does that mean? Are the people who appear to die at the end, really die? Will we see them again? Will Hiro Nakamura be able to change the past? What happens to the future?

More questions. It was good while it lasted. Now bring on Season 2!

Also managed to do some catching up with old series, namely "Smallville" Season 2. All of it looks familiar but I can't remember where I've seen it. Was it in Melbourne? Did I watch it when it was showing on ASTRO? I'm so far behind, lots of catching up to do.

It's a holiday today and I've done nothing! Just lazed around the entire day. But I have my reasons. I'm nursing a sore throat and a flu. I need my rest for work tomorrow.

No comments: