Sunday, May 13, 2007

When It All Falls Apart.....

I decided to get a hair cut yesterday and when I opened to door to step out of the house, I saw a dent on my car !!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK ?!?!?!

Barely half a year after I've gotten the car a new body kit, grill and a new coat of paint - this happened?!?!?

I was pissed. And I was pissed. Pissed because no one told me what happened. And this was the way it has always been. Everytime something happens to my car, no one says a word - I have to find out myself by "discovering" the damage myself.




Before - 24th Dec 2006

Is this 'The fucking Secret"?!?!? I remember a portion of the movie where a guy parked his mountain bike by a street lamp/pole. He then proceeded to chain his bike to the pole and then padlocked the chain. Then he proceeded to yank the chain a few times to make sure that it was secure. He looked around, maybe to see if there were any suspicious looking people around who might steal his bike.

When he got back to the pole, his bike was gone. The Secret teachers were saying that by taking the extra precautionary measures while locking his bike, he was thinking or giving out vibes that his bike will be stolen.


After - 1st Feb 2007

Then I remembered looking at my car when I got home after work on Saturday morning at about 1:00 am. I was locking the door after entering the house, and was just looking at the car, admiring the paint etc.

Then, this happened. Was I unconsciously thinking about my car getting damaged? Is this "The Secret" too????? I was just talking about my car in my last post! Coincidence or "The Secret"?


I found out later that someone in an SUV reversed into the car when Mum was driving. He/she paid RM 600 to cover the repairs.

Here's what I don't get, SUVs are supposed to give drivers superior visibility of the road. He/she was in a fucking SUV for god's sake, was he fucking blind?!?!? Was he/she not able to see another vehicle behind. Does he/she not have reverse sensors?



12th May 2007

The damage was one the same side as before - part of the bonnet is bent/crumpled inwards making it higher than the other. The grill is probably cracked and might need to be replaced.

*SIGHS*

Went to a place called "Fasta Pasta" at Ikano yesterday. Daph got this coupon where we get some discount off the 2nd pasta dish





The menu

Frankly don't remember this when I was in Australia. Maybe its a new franchise?



Part of the interior.....



The Lounge/waiting area with a 42inch LG LCD screen



Didn't take a picture of the food as I didn't have lunch and I was hungry!



I don't like olives!



Fasta Pasta is opposite Starbucks at Ikano Power Center

The pasta dishes come in 2 sizes, Asian and the Aussie size. Frankly, I didn't notice any difference between my Aussie Fettucine Cabonara and my sisters Ravioli and Olio. I was told that they ran out of Aussie-sized plates. OK.....

There wasn't really anything special about the food, have yet to try their pizzas or their lagsane. The only good thing I can say is that the orders came pretty fast. They are called "Fasta Pasta" after all..... And oh, they serve a bread basket with butter before your mains arrive.

Will I go back again - tough call, maybe, maybe not. The bill for 4 came up to about RM 100 including drinks.

The Internet has been down for 2 days. Life is difficult without the Internet. I think we're a household of Internet-addicts.

Ryan has been asking if the Net is back. Dad has been asking if the Net is back. I was cursing TMnet for our predicament. Sometimes, all it took was just a reset of the Wireless Router and we're back in business.

Because I didn't have my Internet, I managed to watch 2 movies yesterday - "The Brothers Grimm" starring Matt Damon and Heath Ledger as well as "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: The Dead Man's Chest" with Johnny Depp, Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom.

I was planning to give them a call today to find out what happened. I suspected that it could have been the phone cable. Maybe cockroaches chewed on it or something as we have a long cable from the wall socket downstairs leading up to the hall upstairs.

I took the router downstairs and used a different phone cable as a test. It actually worked. So, we had the answer. Good thing I didn't call TMnet and start screwing them up about the connection. I needed to release my anger at someone for what happened to the car. I was angry because I didn't have Internet for 2 whole days.

And then - Ryan found out that the phone cable from the Wireless Router/Modem was disconnected from the little connector box that joined 2 parts of the cable. If someone had told me that the cable from downstairs to the hall upstairs was 2 cables joined with the connector box, I might have looked there as well! Lesson learnt! Question is - why didn't anyone else look there in the first place?

There are lots of things to read about on the Internet. For example:

YouTube Video: Player - Baby Come Back


First heard, that Vanessa Hudgen's song "Come Back To Me" has a sample of Player's "Baby Come Back". Vanessa Hudgens was one of the stars of the popular Disney Movie - "High School Musical", which I haven't watched. Nevertheless, I decided to check out what Player was all about.

YouTube Video - Vanessa Hudgens - Come Back To Me

Initially, I thought Player was an all Black (African American group). I was wrong. I found out from Wikipedia they were all-White from California.

And one of the dudes, Ron Moss, is now an actor, and he's famous for his role on "The Bold and The Beautiful"!

YouTube Video: Eagles - Hotel California

Why am I listening to 70s music? I have no idea but, they're good songs. What's happening to me?





McPhee-ver

There was a lot of talk about Katharine McPhee's dress in one of the American Idol episodes. I think that was the finals. I don't remember watching that.

I think she's got an album out now. Or a single. Haven't really been paying any attention to the American Idol contestants, ex or current.



I read a rumour somewhere that Katharine McPhee was being considered for the upcoming "Wonder Woman" movie.

Not that I'm a big fan of Wonder Woman but.....



Justice League by Alex Ross



Wonder Woman by Marc Wolfe



Wonder Woman by Terry Dodson



Wonder Woman by Terry and Rachel Dodson

If Katharine McPhee is in it with that skimpy outfit, maybe I'll give it a try to see what the fuss is about.....

Just some random finds on the Net:





Mr. Potato Head Optimus Prime



The Dark Knight Teaser Poster - Real or Fake?

Read that Warner Brothers have not released any official pictures from "The Dark Knight" yet. But if that picture above was a fake - its an impressive fake.

The only thing official:



Teaser poster from the Official Site

I just can't wait for the "The Dark Knight"!


2 comments:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Nice ride.. poor you. Gotta repair the dent then *hugs*

KENNY said...

I understand how you feel.
My neighbor reversed into my car as well. That was not the maddening bit.

At that point, my car was parked kerb side and it was a two way street, so there was lots of space for him to reverse into and yet he chose to reverse into my car.

But the worse bit is yet to come. Fortunately, my mum was outside doing some gardening and she saw the whole incident. When approached, the guy had to cheek to say it was our fault that the car was parked there.

Apparently, some drivers are both blind and retarded. Pfft.