Sunday, April 15, 2007

My New Pet Turtles....



Say hello to my new pets, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello.

Just the other day, I mentioned that it was impossible to get these figures. I only found 1 the other day, Michaelangelo and decided not to get it. It was all or nothing.

Today, at Toys R Us Subang Parade - I managed to find Leo, Raph and Don MINUS Mike. What the fuck?!?!

Needless to say, I grabbed them right away. Asked one of the guys if there was any stock left and he said he was waiting for stock and didn't know when the new batch would arrive. He also said that everyone's looking for the ninja's now.

I guess 3 out of 4 is better than 1 out of 4. I didn't like Mike's wacky eyes as well as his nunchucks as well. I guess this is better than nothing.



Also scored myself a pretty hard to find Transformers Classics Jetfire. I never really liked jets and airplanes like some of the other kids when I was young. I liked bulldozers and cranes. I'm starting to like aircraft - especially those of the Macross variety.

I was invited to Li Kuo's wedding. I think this is my first time attending a church wedding. Decided to carpool with Weng.

I was already zoned out from the lack of sleep as I slept about 5:30 am this morning. I was surprised I managed to wake up in time for the church ceremony at Life Chapel, Section 17. Got Deidere and Daphne to drop me at Weng's place and it was to the Chapel from there.

There were a few speeches by various people followed by a couple of choir performances from various church groups.

We were a little late and we didn't get good seats so this was what I managed to come up with.




Group Choir 1



Group Choir 2

In between the speeches etc, I managed to get some interesting candid shots. The zoom on the K800i is nothing to shout about resulting in noisy pictures.



And they called it puppy love.....



This is the sound of breaking up.....


Now, man and wife.....

It was then off for a buffet luncheon downstairs after that. Dinner was scheduled for 7:30pm, Holiday Villa, Subang Jaya.

Weng had the same idea as I had, to get Li Kuo and bride a gift. We stopped at Subang Parade to look for a last minute gift. Some changes - I thought Toys R Us had closed down as well. Only found out they moved upstairs after checking the directory.

Subang Parade seems to have come up with a pretty decent Floor Directory of the mall. There's actually a grid for the locations. Example, XXX is in Zone A5. Makes it easier to look and locate. Pretty handy.

Weng and I decided to get a photo frame in the shape of a diamond ring with a crystal on top of the round shaped frame to represent the ring and diamont. We also got a pair of Arrawanna Fish figures to represent peace and harmony in a marriage. Or something like that.

We didn't get good seats as relatives took up tables closest to the stage, bride and groom.

While waiting, I managed to get these shots:



Japanese and Italian (not in picture) food promotion







My favourite of the 3

Booked movie tickets at Cineleisure via Internet for the first time yesterday. Sylvia wants to watch "Wild Hogs" tomorrow. From the trailer, it doesn't look too bad.

You can actually select your seating from the Cineleisure Internet booking, where you can see where the screen position is relative to your seats. Its just like buying over the counter. How awesome is that?!

2 comments:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

You like sculpture? Ahhhh they are tons in the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts here in Moscow! Come, come. I can bring you there plus I these stuff *wide grins*

Admin said...

Actually, its not that I enjoy sculptures. It just so happen that those caught my eye because of the way the light falls on it.