Monday, December 03, 2007

Life Goes On.....

Despite all that has happened, there were things I had to do - I needed credit for my phone, so I decided to make a trip to Cineleisure with Ryan in the late afternoon. The weather has been a killer for the past week or so - really hot sun.



Of course, that wasn't the only reason to make a trip to Cineleisure. Ryan has been bugging me to get this XBOX360 game called "Mass Effect" for weeks and the order finally arrived. I was also previously planning to get the latest wrestling game, "WWE Smackdown VS RAW 2008". Lucky or "unlucky" for me, the wrestling game also arrived.

I also finally decided to get the "Batman Begins" DVD. The movie came out in 2005, and obviously, the DVD has been out for ages. I was planning to get the HD-DVD version, but I don't have a HD-DVD player yet, and I would need an LCD TV to fully enjoy the benefits of High Definition (HD) movies and games.

The price for the DVD was previously RM 49.90 and I did consider getting it then as the movie is awesome and its a movie worth watching over and over again. But somehow, I kept putting it off. Then a few months back, I saw the DVD selling at a new, lower price of RM 39.90. I told myself that I would get it but I still put it off.

I decided to stop by one of the shops near Gamers Hideout today and they have a sale! I got the DVD for RM 39.90 less 10%! That would be a good enough reason to get it now, wouldn't it?

I was also contemplating the "Transformers" DVD - yes, I'm absolutely nuts about the movie and toys but I couldn't decide to get the 2-disc version (RM 99.90) or the standard, single disc version (RM 69.90). Both of them had different covers, which were really nice - that made my decision harder. I decided not to get it for now.

We also checked out a few of the other stores, just admiring the LCD TVs that were on sale. The day will come..... and when it does, I will be getting HD-DVD/Blu-Ray movies which will cost RM 150 a pop!

Some interesting finds from the WWW:

The cover art for one of the most anticipated games worldwide, Grand Theft Auto IV:



I think I might be keeping a look out for this magazine..... or not.



EMPIRE magazine with Heath Ledger as the Joker from "The Dark Knight"

Photos from the upcoming J.J Abrams directed "Star Trek" movie are out. The photo is a photo of Spock, played by Zachary Quinto (who plays Sylar in "Heroes"). I guess he looks like a Vulcan - I'm thinking there's something about his eyes and/or eyebrows, which I noticed ever since I saw him in "Heroes".



"New" Spock from Star Trek

While touching on the subject of aliens, outer space, and all things "unexplainable", I came across this the other day:




The X-Files - The Complete DVD Collection (Seasons 1 - 9) - First Release

X-Files!

That's something I haven't heard in a long while. It used to be one of those shows that I NEVER missed whenever possible. It was that good.

The first release had a package designed like an old shoe-box with lots of stickers etc all over it.


The X-Files - The Complete DVD Collection (Seasons 1 - 9) - New Release

The price? The retail price is US $ 329.98 *ouch!* I believe there are 63 discs in the set.

Now, this is something for the "Wish List"!

No comments: