Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008.....

Happy New Year everyone!

Sadly, it didn't feel any different from any other day, except for the fact that I didn't have to go to work today. It was business as usual on New Year's Eve, and got caught in a jam when I got back when everyone left after the Countdown at Ikano/The Curve.

My new glasses were ready for collection. Yes, the glasses that I bought in April 2007 are ruined! The guy at Focus Point told me that it was in such bad shape that it broke when they tried to remove the lenses.





And it was supposedly a reputable brand - POLICE! Bah!!!!!



It didn't even last me an entire year! So my new Jaguar glasses cost me quite abit, RM 575, after discount! The original price was about RM 850. Seriously, I didn't know Jaguar made glasses.

Titanium frames, with plastic arms. I've just had enough of the fading bits due to sweat.

Look at that fancy-schmancy casing. I didn't realize that it looked so pretty.



Hopefully this new pair will have a longer life!

While checking out the various shops at The Curve, I stopped by the SONY store again and came across something new, kind of.

I've been wanting to get this M2 Memory card for my phone for ages, actually, been planning to get one since I got my phone in December 2007. I've been putting it off and only having the same 14 or 15 MP3s to listen to on my way to work has gone on for far too long as well.

I saw this new "package" that came with a M2 USB adapter, for RM 169. I've never seen it before and I thought it only came with the 4GB versions.

I've seen some ads from a PC shop in SS2 selling a Sandisk version for RM 115, but I doubt it comes with the USB adapter and I don't know if it was a genuine memory card as there have been reports of fake ones in the market. Sony is giving a 5 year warranty on its products.

Now I have 200 songs in my phone, with lots of space for more and photos as well. Yay!



Apparently, The Curve's management are still in the Christmas mood.





Now, I've passed this stall a few times now and everytime I was there, there's a long queue. It's Yokomon - "Japanese Favourite Ice Cream". I took that picture while waiting in line. They have 6 flavours at RM 6.90 per cone.

Ryan and I thought we could try the Dark Chocolate and Strawberry as the other flavours didn't seem too appealing (Rum Raisin, Black Sesame, Green Tea and one other flavour which I can't remember now).



When it was my turn to be served, I was told that they had run out of Strawberry, so it was 2 Dark Chocolate for us.



Honestly, I couldn't really taste the "dark" chocolate. It tasted like the normal ice creams you can get from McDonald's. For RM 6.90, I'd be better off going to Baskin Robbins which was nearby. Maybe the best would be the Strawberry since it sold out? But hey, at least it satisfied my curiousity!

On the walk back to Cineleisure where we parked, as well as wanted to check out Shiok Toys and Gamers Hideout, I thought of getting some of those Big Apple Donuts for everyone at home, just to see what the big fuss was about.

There were articles about it in the papers but I was told that JCo Donuts are much better.

But when I looked at the line, I gave up. I wasn't really in the mood to queue for donuts. Not today.



JCo Donuts were previously only available at Pavillion, which I haven't been to yet. But apparently, there's one at the new Sunway Pyramid wing, which I haven't been to yet as well.

Someday .....

I saw the most awesome DVD at one of the shops at Cineleisure, and I was really close to getting it.

A limited edition, 2-disc Transformers DVD! It's called the Transformers "Steelbook Edition". And my, my, what a beauty.

I was previously contemplating getting the other 2-disc edition, a white cover, with a side-shot of Optimus Prime's head on the front, and Megatron on the back, priced at RM 99.90.



Front



Back

Sure, I thought it looked pretty cool at the time - but even the single disc version wasn't too shabby either.







Looks like there was an outer slip-cover that I was not aware of for the single disc edition. I must say the artwork/images on the single disc version is nice!

But this "Steelbook Edition" just blows the competition away!



Front



Back

Compared to the other sets, I think the "Steelbook Edition" is the best of the lot!



And the version with the transforming Optimus Prime case looks goofy in comparison now.



The "Steelbook Edition" was selling for RM 129.90 and it was the last copy at the shop. In the end, I decided not to get it because where was a little dent/paint chip on the case.

Oh well, maybe at some other store..... "Wish List" updated!


No comments: