Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath Ledger 1979 - 2008





When I was browsing through a forum, I noticed a thread with the heading "Heath Ledger 1979 - 2008". Curious, I clicked on it.

I read about 10 posts or so on that thread and it said that Heath Ledger was dead. I couldn't believe it.

I then checked other news websites, and it was confirmed. Initial investigations suspect he had died of an overdose of sleeping pills. Some of the online news sites reported that he actually suffered from insomnia (self induced?) to mentally prepare or to get into character for his role as The Joker.

I still can't believe it.

I think one of the reasons that got me so hyped up about "The Dark Knight" is his performance as The Joker in the short trailer that was released recently. Perhaps even more than the fact that this is a "Batman Begins" sequel.

Heath Ledger was that damn impressive.









It looks like "The Dark Knight" will be his final film.



R.I.P Heath Ledger

1 comment:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Yeahhh I was in UK when I read the news.. shocking, aint it :( Now hes stuck at being either the RIP halfway-Joker or Brokeback Mountain guy..