Monday, January 07, 2008

We Only Want Things We Can't Have.....?

Found these online, nice!





Read an article somewhere that they're going to make a Street Fighter movie. And Smallville's Kristin Kreuk will be playing Chun Li! What?!?!? But then again, Kristin Kreuk is like half something (I believe it was Dutch) and half Chinese.



And it won't be long, the "Cloverfield" monster will be stomping its way to the cinemas. I think its being released in Malaysia in February 2008. US of A gets it on 18th January 2007! I think this is one movie that has to be seen in the theaters!



Finally, after a long wait - my Bumblebee & Optimus Prime 2-pack arrived and I picked it up on Saturday. Funny, I didn't feel THAT excited after getting it. In fact, the last few Transformers purchases are still sealed!



Was it because I was waiting so long for it and the excitement has worn off?

Was it because I already have a Bumblebee from the other 2-pack (although it has the battle-damaged paint scheme) and the Leader-class (which is bigger, and more superior as opposed to the Voyager) Optimus Prime?

Or is it because we only want the things that we can't have? And once we have it in hand, its like "meh, whatever.....".

Could it be, this is what some hunters feel like - its the hunt, and not the kill that matters?

At least now I can say that my Transformers Autobots are truly complete! So, WISH LIST updated!

After picking Ryan from tuition, stopped by Ultimate Toys at Amcorp Mall, where I had previously placed an order for Bumblebee (which never arrived). Jeremy said I had several options. In the end, I opted for a Hot Toys True-Type body.




Why? When my Hot Toys 2-in-1 Superman/Clark Kent figure arrives, I may need the extra body so that I can have Superman AND Clark Kent side by side. Or I can always use the body for some other figure, once I get loose parts of course.

Look at what he can do! All the different posing options!








Doesn't that face just remind you of someone? Think you've seen him somewhere before but can't quite place it?

Why, it's Michael Wong of course!

What these people can do is amazing. For example:



Isn't that David Beckham? Sadly, this figure has sold out, haven't been able to find it anywhere.

How about this one?



Doesn't he look like Russell Crowe?



And I think this is a pretty good likeness for Keira Knightley as well.





I also tried looking for a watch shop but couldn't find one! Is it so difficult to get a replacement battery for a SWATCH?

I went to 2 shops at The Curve the other day and both don't have stocks. I suppose I'll have to go to official SWATCH resellers and get it from them.




Decided to stop by A&W before heading for home. Had the Coney Dog set meal while Ryan had the Chicken Sandwich set meal. I just love the Coney Dog. What makes the Coney Dog so special? I think the secret's in the sauce. And of course, the ice cold Root Beer.

Met up with Terence and his girlfriend today. Decided to meet up before he leaves for Singapore to work.

Originally planned to meet up at 1Utama but they wanted to watch "Atonement" (Keira Knightley, again!) but they were only screening it at Cineleisure. No issues with me.

After having tea at Paddingtons (Thanks for the treat cousin! My turn next time!) they made their move, and once again, I decided to try my luck at Big Apple Donuts.





That's alot of staff for a donut shop

Once again, there was a long queue. Since I had the time to kill, I thought why not? About 25 minutes later (more or less, I didn't have my watch so I wasn't sure if I miscalculated) and RM 17 poorer, I ended up with this:








Ordered:

3 x Chocoholic
3 x Say Cheese
2 x Moonraker (the ones with the Coco Pops)
2 x Cool Blue (Blue berry Topping)
2 x Dark Chocolate something

Saw a sign at the cashier though, a dozen donuts in 1 box costs RM 17.00, but a dozen donuts in 2 separate boxes costs RM 19.00. RM 2.00 for an empty cardboard box?! Or its their way of helping out with the environment?

The dough seems softer than any other donut. The taste isn't too bad either. I like the cheese they used for the Say Cheese. I like cheese.....

Yeah, so I finally tried Big Apple Donuts. The next one would be JCo. for comparison. It's just a matter of when.....

Finally, I stopped by Shiok Toys and had a double dose of good news. Rey told me that he might be able to get the Navy Seal CQB set from his supplier. So I might be able to get it after all!



And then, he also said that the Superman might probably arrive next week! YES!!!!! NO!!!!! I'm happy and I'm not! I'm conflicted!



But it just looks awesome, don't you think?




2 comments:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

You are a real kid!! Got your package but didnt feel THAT excited. Can shamelessly declare that in public LOL Man, arent you something *puuurrsss*

Admin said...

I think its because I've waited for so long, as the Chinese would say "until neck long"!

Plus, of course this statement only applies in "certain" instances! *winks*

Plus, I read an interview with Michael Bay and he said that in "Transformers 2", there will be more and unique robots!

What does that mean? More toys! Arghh! Should I quit?! :P