Sunday, January 20, 2008

In The Blink Of An Eye.....

Before you know it, the end of January is almost upon us. How time flies.

The entire family (that's all 6 of us) watched "Cloverfield" at Cineleisure last night.




All of them didn't really like it - I guess the same could be said from the other patrons at the cinema when the credits started rolling and the lights turned on.

I enjoyed the movie - but this is one of those movies with a "WTF?!?!? That was it?!" kind of ending. There wasn't an explanation on the monster's origins but reading some forums online, there's a scene right at the end. It's a kind of "blink and you'll miss it" kind of scene. It gives some sort of hint on where the monster came from. But, I missed it because - I think I blinked.

But if you'd ask me to rate this movie against the last movie I watched, I'd say I liked "I Am Legend" much more.

I've been reading reviews on international forums and generally, they gave "Cloverfield" good reviews. Other articles have said that this is not a monster movie, instead, its about the people/characters. So, its actually a drama (?) about what happens during a monster attack.

There were 2 movies that I was really looking forward to in 2008. At least I got that over and done with, bring on "The Dark Knight" I say! I'm certain I will not be disappointed!



Some relatives will be going back to Perth soon and they wanted to meet up for Dim Sum. Woke up early (by my standards and usual routine) at about 11:30am or so. Had a late night, watching a few episodes of "Lost - Season 3" until about 4:00 am in the morning.

I thought it was going to be somewhere in KL City. Thank god it was close by at Tai Thong Restaurant in Damansara. The relatives wanted to go check out the new house after that, so me and Ryan left.

Stopped by Ultimate Toys in Amcorp to collect this:





Don't know who this is, not anyone I can think of right off the top of my head.

These are really hard to come by these days (since they came out some time ago), and the one with the David Beckham head is impossible to find now. From the looks of it - I might need as many as I can get! Not a good sign!

Stopped by at A&W's (again!) for some Root Beer and Waffles with ice-cream. I don't know why but I ended up ordering a Mozza Burger combo as well!

I read a Michael Bay interview somewhere which confirmed that "Transformers 2" would be released sometime in 2009. And he mentioned that there will be more "new and unique" robots. Shit - that means more toys coming out. Even before the new movie is out, new versions of the old toys are being released.



Stealth Bumblebee



Battle-Ready Bumblebee (with Battle Mask) and Final Battle Optimus Prime (new headsculpt and energy blade)

I think it's no big loss to give Stealth Bumblebee a miss, but the Battle-Ready Bumblebee looks good (but I have 3 of him now - no Battle Mask though) and Optimus Prime with what looks like movie-accurate headsculpt plus an energy blade (instead of the gun) that came with the first release.

There's also a Premium Optimus Prime coming out (I think its the Final Battle version) and a Metallic Leader Class Megatron that has metallic paint. Damn.....

Then there's the TAKARA versions of the Transformers Classics.



Classics Grimlock - with some chromed bits



Classics Astrotrain and Hot Rod (Rodimus)





Most of these are going to get some slight paint differences, especially TAKARA Classics Megatron above - which is more like the G1-cartoon accurate colours. I think its much better than the HASBRO (American) version below:







And then, there this:





As much as I love the TV-series, I'm not going to be getting these.

There are also some "The Dark Knight" figures scheduled to be released. These are the Mattel-line, more for kids, hence, the cartoony (horrible) colours on some of the suits, especially the last, neon-yellow suit!



















There will also be a slightly bigger (6-inch) for the "collectors". I'm not so sure about this, the old Collector's Edition was pretty good but this one.....





The figure looks ok, but I don't like the soft vinyl/rubber cape though. They should make it cloth.

A quick stop at Toys R Us the other day before work, saw this interesting "Batman: Ultimate Collection" set going for RM 149.95.



It has each Batman figure from all the different lines - all of them different interpretations of the same character, from the cartoon series, to the "Batman Begins" version. Cool!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Virtual Memory sure is becoming cheaper these days. I wonder when we will finally reach the ratio of $0.01 to 1 Gigabyte.

I'm eagerly anticipating the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB hard drive, lol. But for now I will be happy with having a 16 GB Micro SD Card in my R4i.

(Submitted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://will-the-r4-r4i-work.wetpaint.com/]R4i[/url] N3T 2)