Friday, October 11, 2002

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 296 (Friday, 11th October 2002)
Time: 11:01 pm
Status: End of Week # 14
Days without PS2: 33 day(s)
Days without Cube: 7 day(s)
Days without XBOX: 34 day(s)
Listening to: Nelly (feat. Kelly Rowland) - Dilemma
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few weeks since I last updated. It's about time that I did.

The past couple of weeks have been school holidays here. Work was absolutely insane. It was supposed to be quiet but it was the complete opposite. Guess someone's projections were wrong. Either that or Melbournians decided not to go for holidays this time around.

A few good things out of working during the holidays. I've actually met people that I haven't seen the entire time I've been working there (2 - 3 months). Her name's Katherine Hope and she's a casual worker. I've only seen her twice over the span of 2 weeks. The first time I saw her, I invited her to join the group of us for the movie we were supposed to go for. She didn't know about it because she didn't see the notice on the wall. The conversation we had before she left for home that day went something like this:

Me: So when will you be working next?

KH: Next week, I've got the same shift.

Me: I see. So I'll see you on Friday night (referring to the movie we're supposed to watch)

KH: *turns to me and smiles* Maybe!

The following Tuesday, I saw her again. The first thing she asked me was "How was the movie?". I told her it was cancelled because a few of them couldn't make it. Didn't really get to talk to her again as she was at the back while I was serving on front counter. When she didn't have cars, she did come to the front to "back" me up. I know I know, I'm being sensitive to this but why didn't she help the others on counter instead of me? Was it because I was nice to her? Who knows....

Once again, she had a 2 hour shift like the week before and she went home before I did. She was ordering and I served her at the front counter.

Me: So what can I get you?

KH: Can I please have 6 nuggets, medium fries and a small coke....

Me: *keys order into register, give staff discount and tells her the price*

KH: *counts money then asks...* How much will it cost for 6 nuggets, small fries and small coke? I don't have enough money.

Me: How much do you need? I'll take it out of my own pocket....

KH: No no no .... how much is the meal with small fries?

Me: *insisting* It's alright...I'll pay the difference for you. I'll just get the money out of my bag. How much do you need?

KH: Just 50 cents.

After getting the money and putting her order through. I ask her when she was supposed to work again and she said she wasn't sure.

Me: See you around then.

KH: I'll definitely be seeing you around again.

Don't know when I'll see her again. Will be looking forward to it though ; ) Did I mention that she looks good in tight jeans? No? Well...did I also mention she's in High School and she's probably between 16 - 18 years old. Now that isn't that good. : |

Attended a staff meeting last week. Talked about ways to improve service, how to draw more customers etc. There was also talk about the venue for the Christmas party that we're supposed to have. Hrmm...it was September and talking about Christmas already. It's the only time of the year when the store closes.

Finally managed to meet SW last weekend. What an effort it required. After being "stood up" 3 times, I finally met her but still had to wait 3 hours for her to show up. Was in the city early to meet Yvonne and Kelly to pass Kelly Ryan's Bionicles. Had a snack with them while waiting for SW, who was supposed to come with 2 other friends. I waited until finally she said that her friends could not make it and I was supposed to meet her at 3pm outside Nike. This was 2 hours later that originally planned. I went shopping and bought a bottle of new "perfume". The new "BOSS" one's not too bad...it's got a orangey smell to it and comes in a spherical container/bottle. Reminded me of a Pokeball from the Pokemon cartoons the first time I saw it. I think its a bit pricey though. $ 120 for 90 ml spray. Settled for "Davidoff Cool Water" instead. Got the gift pack for $ 95 which came with a 75 ml spray bottle, 100ml tube of shower gel and a toiletries bag. There was a bonus gift CD as well which has a couple of songs which are nice in there that I like which are:

Groove Theory - Tell Me
Mary Mary - Shackles (Praise You).

Never really heard the rest of the songs though.

Called Lily's office (Thursday afternoon) and she didn't back until today when Mr.Ong called and assured me they're still "monitoring" my case. Managed to meet KL for awhile in the city. I had to settle some bills and to get to Medibank to claim the money. Had the usual beef burrito with the wedges. Their new cheese sauce is yummy....2nd time I've tasted it. The first time was when I meet Yvonne and Kelly.

Was also at Pulsar wondering how much I could get for "Fuzion Frenzy" for trade-in. I was told I would get "NOTHING" because they're giving away that game with every purchase of an XBOX. Guess Microsoft is planning to get rid of excess copies that way. Saw a few new games that look interesting. "Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny" is out. "Burnout 2: Point of Impact" looks fun too. I've STILL resisted the urge to buy "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on the XBOX and "Super Mario Sunshine" for a few weeks now. I've heard that "Super Mario Sunshine" is really good though. And I still have 2 of the $ 10 Toys R Us discount vouchers left. Decisions, decisions...what to do?

Been thinking about what car I should get - also the fact, what car I CAN afford. More decisions....

Time for bed I suppose. No specific plans for the weekend. Will see what happens.

No comments: