Saturday, October 26, 2002

------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: Saturday - 26th October 2002
Time: 8:42 pm
Listening to: Paul Mac (feat. Peta Morris) - This Is The Sound Of Breaking Up
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Horrible day. Decided to go get my groceries this afternoon, after spending a couple of hours online. Was determined to get my shopping done and get home in time before "Saturday Night Live" on Arena, today's host being WWE Wrestler, The Rock.

So there I was taking a leisurely stroll down the quiet street (the streets are oddly quiet or less busy on weekends), enjoying the breeze. I stopped by the ATM planning to withdraw some cash when to my horror I discovered my ATM card wasn't in my wallet! First thing I thought was that I had lost it. Then I remembered I took it out, in case I needed to scan it with the documents that I needed to send of yesterday. I concluded I must have left it on my table back home.

Now this posed another problem to me. I had $ 10 in my wallet, and about $ 14 in coins which, for some strange, reason I decided to bring with me today. I was planning to get something to eat and there was definitely NOT enough to get my usual groceries which range from $ 20 - $ 60 per week depending on what I buy. Should I go home to get my ATM card since no card = NO EFTPOS as well! I looked at the time and decided to not to buy my groceries, thinking I could get them tomorrow. Had my weekly fish again after stopping at the newsagents to browse through some magazines.

After filling up my tummy, decided to see what I could get with the odd $ 13 or $ 14 I had in my pocket. In the end, after lots of mental calculation, I managed to get a loaf of jumbo bread, a pack of Coon tasty cheese and a dozen jumbo sized eggs. It came up to $ 12.20.

The point of it all made me realise how dependant we are for money. I reckon I could budget if I really had to. It's just an experience for me that I've never gone through before.

Observation of the Day:
On the way home after getting my groceries, I walked past this post where I noticed a sign stuck on it. It was just a quick glance, didn't intend to read it. What I saw on my first glance was the word "LOST" in bold and the next line, 3 year old girl. I decided to turn around and read the notice. What the sign actually said was:

--------------------
LOST
3 year old girl
misses her favourite soft brown teddy.
If found please call ........
--------------------


Also noticed a pair of underwear on the road. Right....probably the work of those Year 12 students who've finished school. Read about the damaged they caused to some vehicles. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage. They throw eggs and flour at each other.

Actually bumped into Belinda Hii and Kara Terlich on the tram on Thursday evening and I actually heard them discussing what they planned to do. They even discussed what has been done in other schools: there were girls who actually photocopied their breasts and sent the pictures out. Interesting. Very interesting indeed.

Have no idea what I'll be doing. There's another DVD left to watch, "Dr. T And His Women" or something like that starring Richard Gere. There's also the movie "Alive" on Channel 7 at 11pm. It stars Ethan Hawke and I'm not sure if its the movie I think it is. The one I have in mind is a true story about a group of sportsmen who are stranded in the mountains after a plane crash. They turned into cannibals eating the flesh of the dead bodies of the people on flight who didn't survive. Should be an interesting watch - if I get to watch it.

Watched Tom Cruise's "Vanilla Sky" last night. Now that movie is some confusing shit. Really consfusing shit. Everything only made sense at the very end of the movie. What the hell was the writer trying to prove in the show? Twists and turns that didn't make sense? Trying to confuse the viewers into thinking if Julie Gianni was really Sofia and vice versa? The fact I didn't like about it was how it all turned science-fiction towards the last 15 or 20 minutes of the movie. Sort of like the Matrix. No wonder it got bad reviews. Seriously if you haven't watched this movie and you're considering, save your time. You'll thank me for saving 2 hours of your life.

Stomach isn't feeling too good now. Might have eaten too much. Bad. The girls cooked spaghetti and offered me a portion. They forced me to finish the meat sauce which I did. Shouldn't have done that.

Have to remember to turn the clocks and watches 1 hour ahead. Daylight savings officially start at 2:00 am Sunday morning (according to the paper I read while having lunch). At 2:00 am tomorrow morning, it officially becomes 3:00 am. OK. Just as long as I'm not late for work on Monday. Already set alarms so that I'll remember to set my clocks and watches 1 hour ahead.

Just talked to Ami and realised "Alive" is not showing today, but tomorrow. What's wrong with me? I look at the TV schedule but I don't look at the date. Not that I normally bother with free TV anyway. Foxtel guides are layed out by individual dates. Its a much easier lay-out. Oh yes, if you're reading this - Hi Ami!!! :D

Guess I'll have to give "Alive" a miss. Working at 8:00 am on Monday morning and I need all the sleep I can get.

Well then, I guess I'll have more time to play "Deathrow" tonight or watch "Lord Of The Rings:Fellowship Of The Ring" on DVD. Had this urge to watch it again. Strangely. Can't wait for "LOTR: The Two Towers" coming out this Christmas.

No comments: