Monday, July 16, 2007

Again.....

After about 5 months, the lunch "date" with Eva finally happened. We made this agreement a long time back but just never got around to making it happen.

As I was positioning my car to maneuver into a parking space, an Iswara suddenly drove and took my spot. I blared my horn and gave them a "cock" stare. Finally, the guy reversed and drove away. Then I started to think about the repercussions. Was my car going to be safe? Will the 2 men in the Iswara come back and do something?

I waited in the car for a few minutes and the coast was clear. I have the bat in the car, just in case. As I walked towards the entrance, I saw the Iswara again, still looking for a parking space. I quickly took down and saved the license plate of the car, along with the colour, just in case.

As I was early and scoped out Toys R Us and Jusco for Transformers movie toys but found the kiddy toys.

Eva was nice enough to pay for lunch at Chilli's. We met up on Saturday for a pretty late lunch. She goes to TGIF's often, but never been to Chilli's. I recommended the 2 items that I normally have - the Country Fried Steak and the Monterey Chicken. She liked her chicken and just like Sylvia, absolutely loves the mashed potatoes.



Once again, didn't take a picture of the food. We talked, got to know her better. I guess there are lots of people in the department that don't really know me that well. Just ate and chat, got some things cleared up. She said we should go for lunch more often. Not that I'd complain about that.

Then we walked around abit, checked out the shops. Of all places, she decided to go to Pets Wonderland, and I obliged. Looked at iguanas, guinea pigs and hamsters, kittens and puppies. Even a kitten/cat that was taunting some puppies in an enclosure.





Its been ages but I finally got myself a copy of the latest issue of Hypertune. The cars in this issue were just the perfect excuse: Mitsubishi Evolution, Honda Integra DC-5 and a Hamann MINI Copper S.



Yes - I'm one of the millions that have fallen in love with the MINI Cooper.



Not the exact one featured in Hypertune but.....

And its all because of the 2003 remake of "The Italian Job".






I can honestly say that I've never watched the original so I can't compare the car stunts etc. However, the BMW MINIs in this movie are gorgeous. This is the movie that made the MINIs cool, at least it did for me.

Finally, had to send her back home as she made other plans with her housemates. I got lost. Thank god for roadsigns that led me back to the highway. It was all smooth sailing from there.



Was invited to go watch Transformers again this weekend. I told them I would think about it. Then, it became apparent that I might not have any plans this weekend other than stay home - I decided to take up that offer.

Decided to leave the house early, knowing that there's always an issue getting a parking space at Midvalley. Got there and decided to check out Jusco and Toys R Us. Once again, I was disappointed. The only Transformers toys left were:



Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet



Optimus Prime Transforming NERF Blaster

There are the only toys left from both the Toys R Us and Jusco that I've been to so far.

Even though it was my 2nd viewing, I still found Transformers very enjoyable. No regrets whatsover watching it again.

Michael Bay just makes every scene ooze style. Even the shots of the cars look super-stylish. Just check it out.



Bumblebee, Optimus Prime and Ironhide

After that, they decided to watch another movie. It's been ages since I watched 2 movies at the theater in a day!

First, the plan was to watch the Thai horror movie, "Alone". However, they've already stopped screening. Funny because I thought the movie just came out. So, we finally decided to watch "Dead Silence".



Personally, it wasn't bad - but it wasn't good either.

I haven't been taking that many photos lately too - so to get my started



New aluminium water bottle - get yours when you test drive a Honda!

We already read about how replacing the battery in the iPhone would be a pain in the ass. Then I read this article the other day:

IN-TECH, 12th July 2007 (page IT20)

Users will have to submit their iPhone to Apple for battery service. The service will cost users US $79 (RM 276.50), plus US $ 6.95 (RM 24.32) for shipping, and will take three business days.

The procedure is similar to the one it has for the company’s best selling iPod players, but because some users will not want to live without their cellphones, Apple is also offering a loaner iPhone for US $29 (RM 101.50) while the gadget is under repair.

Harvey Rosenfield, founder of the consumer watchdog group, contends the iPhone’s battery and repair costs should have been clearly disclosed earlier.

He said he didn’t detect the battery information, which is located under several layers of links on Apple’s support page on its website, until earlier this week.

Even after reading all those horror stories, I still feel compelled to have one.

And as a closing - a rant. I don't know what is it about me. Is it me? Why do people not reply my messages? I don't think being "busy" is a valid reason. 1440 minutes a day and someone can't spend less than 5 minutes to reply a message?

Assuming that an average persons sleeps 8 hours a day, that still leaves 960 minutes. Set aside time for meals, showers and daily routines, I'm sure one would still be left with plenty of time. It just doesn't make sense.

The worst part is, I comfort myself saying "better late than never" when a reply does come through a few days later, if at all. And I pretend that everything is ok. Then the cycle repeats itself.

I guess its back to playing the waiting game..... again.....

No comments: