Monday, July 30, 2007

A Hole In My Pocket.....

I've really done it, I've burnt a hole in my pocket shopping within the last 2 days. Total damage was RM 640 or so. And that's not including meals! Ouch!!!!!

I had my semi-regular duty of being a chauffeur yesterday (to send Ryan to and from his tuition center). Decided to stop by Amcorp Mall after picking him up. Thought I'd check out if there were any toys available.

As mentioned in several of my previous posts, most of these figures have sold out. Really difficult to find them and where there is a restock, someone is always a step ahead and manages to grab them. I don't have the luxury of time like these individuals to scout shopping centers everyday.

I ended up getting these from 2 different stores, Ultimate Toys (Optimus Prime = RM 230) and ToyWiz (Jazz and Barricade = RM 80 each), total damage = RM 390.

These were the TAKARA versions and cost more than the HASBRO versions which are impossible to find. For example, the HASBRO Optimus Prime would only cost about RM 180 while Jazz/Barricade would be RM 50.



Transformers Movie figures - Jazz, Optimus Prime and Barricade



Transformers Movie: The Bots - Jazz, Optimus Prime, Barricade and Frenzy



Transformers Movie - The Rides

Also placed a pre-order for the Bumblebee 2008 Camaro Concept.

Then, just for the heck of it, decided to go to 1U to check out Area51 (previously known as Ultimate Toys as well). Also checked out Parkson, Jusco and Toys R Us. No more Transformers toys as well! The ones left behind are not the ones that I want.

Went to Action City to pick up a birthday present for someone.



A Japanese toy manufactured by TakaraTomy. Solar powered, the heads tilt left and right. Think I went shopping for this present about 1 month too early.

Today, I woke up late - and there was nothing to eat as the folks had gone out of town for a seminar. They are usually up early for marketing and would get breakfast. It was past mid-day and Ryan and Daphne hadn't had breakfast either. Out of the blue, I decided to claim that free sizzling Fajita Tower from TGIF's.

We stopped by Shiok Toys at Cineleisure and I found out my Encore Optimus Prime and Megatron might arrive sooner than expected. Damn.

It was a chance to try out their new stuff on their new set meals. RM 39.90 for 1 appetizer, 1 main and 1 dessert. We had 2 of these, with 2 Mac & Cheese starters, 1 Parmesan Chicken Quesadillas and the Sauteed Grilled Chicken.



Mac & Cheese -

Macaroni & Cheese deep fried served with marinara sauce








Sizzling Fajitas (l and top) and Parmesan Chicken Quesadillas (r) -

The fajitas are different now, topped with alot of extra garlic. Don't remember it being served like that.

I liked the Parmesan Chicken Quesadillas the best of 3 mains. The balsamic vinegar dressing gave it a slightly sweet taste. I recommend this.


Grilled Sauteed Chicken -

The chicken is nothing much to shout about, served on a bed of brown rice. And below that, a mix of different melted cheeses.

If you like cheese, this one's for you. But again, nothing special about the chicken.



They had run out of Cookies & Cream and the Mocha Mud Pie for their desserts. We ended choosing the Chocolate Malt Cake and the New York Cheesecake which we had them packed to go.

On a seperate note, the new Lemon Tango that's served with the McDonald's Chicken McNuggets is pretty good. Go get some today. Tried the Sweet Mustard as well but its nothing special really.



Lemon Tango (l) and Sweet Mustard (r)

Decided to take a short walk over to Ikano Power Station after brunch at TGIF's. Wanted to go check out the Crocs Concept Store.

After some serious consideration (and seeing lots of people wearing them and walking in and out of the store), I ended up with these:




Crocs Off Road - Chocolate/Lime Green

My very first pair of Crocs!!!!!

They don't come in boxes, but packed into plastic bags. The Off Roads were cheaper than I expected. Thought they would be in the RM 200 range, like the Islander but this was RM 169.00. I guess the Islander costs more because of the leather bits.

Believe the hype - they are super comfy. Even though I haven't had the opportunity to wear them and walk in them for a whole day, it already feels really good. Can't wait to really test them out.


After several events that I personally experienced, I'm starting to believe "The Secret" more and more.

Finding a parking space at 1U on a Saturday afternoon is normally a tedious affair. After leaving Amcorp Mall with Ryan, I told him to use "The Secret" and to visualize a parking space.

I drove to the usual lane where I normally park and saw another car in front of me. I normally wait - and I wondered how much patience the other guy had. He finally drove off. I saw a guy sitting in the driver's seat of a Mercedes Benz which was still in the parking space. Was he waiting for someone? How selfish! He could've drove out and waited by the side.

I decided to wait for him, he had to leave sooner or later. Just then, a family came by with lots of shopping bags and pointed out where their car was parked. They offered me their spot. How often do people do that?

So, in all, I got my parking spot in about 5 mins or so. Pretty impressive for a late Saturday afternoon. I should try this out more often.

The latest "Dark Knight" teaser trailer is out. Nothing to see, just the Bat-logo and only dialogue between Bruce Wayne and Alfred (Christian Bale and Michael Caine). Then it ends with a message from The Joker (Heath Ledger). Then the trailer ends with the Bat-logo exploding to pieces and on one of them, an image of a Joker playing card flies towards the camera.

I wanna see some scenes dammit! On the other hand, this picture was released.



The Joker (Heath Ledger) and Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal)

More marketing in the form of this site.

I'm getting impatient and its another year away. Damn.

No comments: