Sunday, July 08, 2007

Once In A Lifetime.....

I was doing some research and it seems that the date 07/07/07 would only come once every 100 years. There have been so many articles about the date, and the significance.

It's supposedly a lucky date. That would explain why I've got a few colleagues who were getting married this month. Among other things, triple-sevens are lucky numbers it seems - on slot machines, 7-7-7 would mean the Jackpot.
A lot of things happening on this date, after all, it's only once in a 100 years.

There was some huge concert, and the new 7 Wonders Of The World was announced. They are:
Chichen Itza Pyramid in Mexico



The Statue of Christ Redeemer in Brazil



The Colloseum in Rome




The Great Wall Of China



Machu Picchu in Peru


Petra, Jordan



The Taj Mahal, India

Check out some of the other nominees here. Some really beautiful photographs.

So what was I doing on this day? Went out to get tickets for "Transformers"!!!!! Different people celebrate in different ways! Besides, this is the first ever live-action "Transformers" movie. So I guess that's a celebration in itself. Besides, I'm tired of people telling me its damn good, or its the best movie of the year etc. I couldn't wait any more!

Daphne had to queue for almost an hour to get tickets and even then. It was for the 2:00 am show on Sunday morning. Plus, it was about 4 rows from the screen.

I also had to go pickup the XBOX 360 from the shop, it was already back from Singapore and long overdue. It's been sitting at the shop for more than 2 weeks now I reckon. They replaced it with a brand new unit. Cost me RM 250 in shipping and customs duties though *Sighs*



"Transformers" - what can I say? Totally enjoyed the movie. But I might be biased since I was a fan ever since I was a kid. But then again, there are females who've seen it and totally enjoyed it. In fact, Sylvia was the one who told me it was the "best movie of the year" and better than "300". And she loved "300" too. The box office records shows that alot of people are watching it too.

Michael Bay has made Bumblebee likeable. In fact, he's almost one of the main characters in the movie. Look, he's even got his mug-shot on the poster along side Optimus Prime and Megatron!

He wasn't my favourite in the cartoons. In fact, reading some sites now, he's been called Optimus Prime's "worst soldier". He didn't even have a gun in the Generation 1 cartoon series! What kind of soldier goes to war without a weapon? And he transformed into a fricking yellow Volkswagen Beetle! Sure, some people call it a classic car, but I don't see myself ever driving a Beetle. But never say never!

In the movie, Bumblebee kicks ass. Check out the deco hanging from the rear-view mirror of a bee that reads "Bee-0tch". Never mind that he starts of as a rusty "custom faded" bucket of bolts that would probably be seen in MTV's "Pimp My Ride".

Bumblebee just kicks ass in the movie, arm cannons and all. And he doesn't utter a single word until the very end of the movie. And that concept Chevrolet Camaro 2008 model that he changes into halfway into the movie - sweet.

I'm not really familiar with all the other Autobots but:

Ironhide (a red van in the cartoon - now a huge GMC TopKick Truck) was the tough guy. In the movie, he's homicidal.

Ratchet (an ambulance - now a Hummer Rescue vehicle) - don't remember him much

Jazz (a Porsche - now a Pontiac Solstice) - smallest in size of the bunch, surprising as Bumblebee was always the smallest in the cartoons.

And of course, my childhood favourite - Optimus Prime. Voiced by the same voice actor (Peter Cullen) from the G1 days, this movie Prime is different. Compassionate and brutal at the same time. Watch him decapitate BoneCrusher by stabbing a "sword" into his neck. Whoa - you'd never have seen this in the cartoons. Awesome nonetheless!

As for the Decepticons, they don't talk much except for Megatron. I couldn't really tell it was Hugo Weaving - sounded like a Megatron to me though. And Starscream was as he was in the cartoons, the first to flee to save his own ass.

The movie has to be watched in the theaters. Almost every scene looks so good, even when its just Autobot cars and trucks driving along the the windy, desert roads. There are some action scenes were it got a little confusing, during the fights, but maybe it was because I was 4 rows from the screen.

Alot of mayhem and destruction, robots being flung about, buildings and vehicles destroyed. Action packed!

And the music snippets, Bumblebee even played Player's "Baby Come Back" in the scene where Mikaela walks off and Sam tries to chase after her when Bumblebee runs into some "engine trouble". That is an awesome 70s tune! Totally caught me by surprise.....

Go watch it in theaters! That's all I have to say about that. Now, when's the DVD coming out?

There were some statues and cardboard cutout standees at Cineleisure so decided to take some pics. A 6-foot tall G1 Optimus Prime Statue and even Silver Surfer. The lights were off as it was after 1:00 am, to reduce power consumption I guess..... I had to rely on my camera flash.





Optimus Prime - My Hero!





The Silver Surfer, Norrin Radd and his board
Chinny, the Silver Surfer and his board are for you. Enjoy! >:)

Decided to check out more info on Megan Fox, because she had this really weird tattoo on her ribcage which were some sort of wordings. Found out it was a poem tattooed on her ribs. Turns out she's engaged to Brian Austin Green (from Beverly Hills 90210)!



Here's another pic from Maxim Online:



No comments: