Friday, July 06, 2007

One Hand.....

Finally got the car back yesterday, I can get on with my life! I can go get a haircut. Its been incredibly difficult just having 1 car at home. Total damage was RM 3000 for various parts and labour. There are still some tiny issues that need to be resolved. But its good to have it back.

I was just chatting with a friend/fellow toy collector online, and he asked me if I got any of the new Transformers Movie figures. Of course, with everything that's been happening, I never even had time to really go check them out.

However, he told me that almost everything is impossible to find now. I'd like to think it wouldn't surprise me anymore, but yet I'm still am. It's just madness!

The company HASBRO has been known to reissue them so I can probably get them later.
Someone snapped this photos at the toy sections of one of the shopping malls. There were plenty. All gone now.....

I've previously pre-ordered a couple of the TAKARA ENCORE Transformers from Shiok Toys. They are scheduled to be released in September 2007. Pictures of the packaging are finally released. They look like the old G-1 version, which isn't a bad thing. Just the extra "ENCORE" logo/sticker on the front I suppose. Good thing I didn't spend RM 500 to get the re-issued Optimus Prime!!!!!



Optimus Prime and Megatron (back row)

I've ordered only Optimus Prime and Megatron. Prime is to replace the old one that I got for my birthday many moons ago. And I thought, Megatron and Prime should go as a pair. After all, I do have the Masterpiece versions by TAKARA.

Then the topic of conversation got to movies.
Everyone is going on and on about how good "Transformers" the movie is. I'll definitely watch it, that's for sure.

Then it occurred to me that the number of movies I've seen in the theaters this year, can be counted with 1 hand.


Movies Released in 2007

From the list above, I can say that I've only seen:

January - None

February - Music And Lyrics (but on cable in Phuket so that doesn't count)

March - Wild Hogs, 300, Pan's Labyrinth (now we're getting somewhere!), TMNT (but not in the theater as well)

April - None
May - Spider-Man 3


That's it, it looks like it's only a total of 3 movies so far! What the hell?!?!? It's unbelievable. A far cry from my college days when we watched movies almost every week.

Reena has been extremely busy, but her sms says "hope to meet soon". So do I.....

No comments: