Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bee-otch.....

It's official. As posted in one of my previous updates, Michael Bay has "transformed" Bumblebee into a bad-ass. In the old Generation-1 cartoon, Bumblebee was a pansy. A scout who was (I read somewhere or it could be some spoof videos I watched on YouTube) Optimus Prime's worst soldier who didn't even bring a gun to battle.

When I was a kid, I didn't think that a VW Beetle was cute. I'd take a sleek sports car anytime. Blame "Knight Rider" for that.

This is a proven fact from my visits to the toy stores. Everyone wants a piece of Bad Ass Bumblebee now. He's completely sold out! Even the Unleased Bumblebee "statue" has sold out while there are still remaining stocks of Unleashed Optimus Prime!





Unleashed Bumblebee - Sold Out!



Unleashed Optimus Prime

I can't find a single Unleashed Bumblebee anywhere but Optimus Prime is still available. In fact, the front of the Unleashed Prime has him in robot-mode, while the back has a sculpt of him in his truck mode.

There are so much more Bumblebee toys coming out - like the TARGET Exclusive Bumblebee 2-pack. What I don't like is the Battle-damaged paint scheme on the Camaro Concept.



And then, set to be released in Sept 07, Ultimate Bumblebee. About 14 inches tall, with electronic lights and sounds. All the pre-orders from my usual toyshops have sold out. This thing's going for about RM 400.





And here's something that I haven't seen - Transformers Zip Zaps. Looks like they're little RC (Remote Control) cars. It says on the box that its a "Radio Shack exclusive". We don't have Radio Shacks here.

Cute - but in a cool kinda way.









Toys are getting more and more sophisticated. Take a look at the latest version of the classic board game, Monopoly. Saw this Toys R Us the other day.

It's called "Monopoly - Here And Now". What's different about this version? Check out the left side of the box. It now comes "With Electronic Banking". If I remember correctly, this new version doesn't come with the paper money. Instead, it comes with bank cards. How cool is that?




Lots of news about upcoming movies, including Iron Man, starring Robert Downey Jr. I'm not a big fan of Iron Man - but when I saw the photo, I couldn't recognize the man on the far right. Who would've thought that it was Jeff Bridges.


Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, Robert Downey Jr and Jeff Bridges



Iron Man Movie Poster





I'm just wondering that the hell is that blue ring of light on his chest is.....



Shia LeBeouf and Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones 4

I've never really been a fan of Indiana Jones and I must admit that I've never watched a single one of them. Maybe just some scenes here and there - especially Raiders Of The Lost Ark and possibly, The Last Crusade. But look - its the Man Of The Moment, Shia in the movie. He seems to be popping up everywhere now.

According to this site, "The Dark Knight" teaser trailer will be screened before "The Simpsons Movie"! Does that mean I have to go watch "The Simpsons" just to watch the trailer even though I don't really like "The Simpsons"? Maybe I'll just wait for YouTube.

Managed to catch a couple of episodes of "Las Vegas" on AXN (Channel 17 on ASTRO) over the past couple of weeks. Wikipedia lists the series as a "dramatic comedy". Interesting, maybe I'll give this series a go.



There was an article in In-Tech the other day about the dangers of social networking sites like Friendster and Facebook. The article was mainly about some beauty contestant who had some photos on her profile that created controversy. Then it went on to state that employers now search online for job applicants profiles on sites like these.

Me? I don't think I have anything to worry about. However, I managed to uncover something that could get someone in a whole lot of shit. One of my staff posted the following pictures of his damaged car with comments like "Mr.X screwed my baby".





Nothing wrong with that so far. Unfortunately, he called up to request for emergency leave that day stating that his aunt's car was involved in an accident driven by Mr.X. Plus, these 2 guys have a history of bad attendance.

So - see the inconsistencies? Is it his baby, or his aunty's? I guess that they say about the Internet is true. You can find anything on the Internet, even the TRUTH!

So all you people out there, watch your backs!

The team decided to have a "teh tarik" session the other day after work to welcome the newbies. As usual, transport is always an issue for me. In the end, managed to sort that out with someone who stays in Kepong, and of course, Kota Damansara is on the way.

A group of them play futsal every Friday night and unfortunately, my chauffeur for the day is one of them. I agreed to tag along.



Of course I didn't play, just sat and watched at Sports Planet in Puchong. I was not going to risk and go through the torture of another ankle injury again.

The last time I actually stepped into a futsal pitch was more than 3 years ago, at Sports Planet in USJ. And I have pictures to prove it.

Another whole week of not replying a single SMS with the reason "busy and hectic" just doesn't make sense. But it'll have to do for now.

I think I might have changed my mind. I'm thinking of these as my first pair of Crocs.




Crocs Off Road - Chocolate/Lime Green

What's more impressive, I found a testimonial online from a owner that said his blood pressure went down wearing Crocs! Wearing Crocs made him want to walk around more. It's like magic!

CROCS ARE THE BEST AND THIS MODEL IS THE BEST CROCS HAS TO OFFER, June 15, 2007

By

Schuyler V. Johnson (Lake Worth, FL USA) -

LOVE these shoes! You can't hurt e'm, can't ruin 'em and they are as tough and durable as advertised, esp the "Off Road" label. I wear them to work and when I walk my dog and we sometimes walk over rocky terrain and these shoes can take it; they really are rugged and are as ideal for the beach as they are for camping trips and outdoor activities.

I have flat feet and these shoes provide the arch support I need. I WALK more with these shoes and the proof, for me, was my blood pressure went from 130/90 to 117/70!

They are also way cool to look at and the combination of the army green and the bright orange strap make them an irresistible fashion statement. I bought a camo denim jacket and when I wear that and these Crocs I feel ready for anything! People at work stop me and ask me where I got my shoes; even the guys. I live in Florida and in the summer it is hot and rainy and these shoes are light and cool and can handle rain easily. Dirty? Just rinse 'em off! LOVE these shoes, and I used to be a confirmed Birki advocate, but these shoes changed my preferences. Now you can have Hummers for your feet!

Terence was right, the Islander does look abit weird now that I compare them to these.



Crocs - Off Road (l) and Islander (r)

And finally, they float too!



Think I should visit that Crocs store at Ikano Power Station one of these days.....

It was mentioned by Sam in "Transformers" that his car was sensitive and Bumblebee's feelings were hurt when Mikaela questioned why he chose to to take the form of the beat-up old Camaro.

I think my car is sensitive as well - its back in the workshop due to gearbox issues again.

A few of us were just talking about "The Secret" and it over dinner the other night. I think "The Secret" is at work again. I think we should not talk about my car, EVER. My baby will be just fine.....

1 comment:

Terence said...

I told you so, cuz! The Choc-Lime Green one looks pretty cool, btw.