Monday, November 19, 2007

A craving for the Crave Case?




I recently managed to catch "Harold And Kumar Go To The White Castle - Extreme Unrated" in its entirety.

The movie's about 2 friends/room-mates who had the craving for White Castle burgers after watching the commercial on TV. It is from there that their "adventure" begins.
They get sidetracked, and get into a shit load of trouble before finally arriving at their destination.

I remember we used to have a White Castle in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail - it was a corner lot. I might have been there a few times. The burgers were tiny, maybe slightly larger than a KFC bun. It closed down a long time ago and is now a Pizza Hut or a KFC. One or the other.

It's been so long that I don't even remember if the burgers were as good as they were made out to be in the movie.


Being really bored, I decided to surf the net and came across some videos on YouTube, something about the Crave Case.

A group of 6 people decided to eat 100 White Castle Sliders (the burgers are called "Sliders"), and make a video. Another one had a guy buying a Crave Case and managed to finish 16 burgers in one sitting.
Then I decided to check out what this "Crave Case" was and discovered this.....









The White Castle Crave Case (last 3 pics taken from thisisgonnabegood.blogspot.com - because we have no White Castle here)

I must admit looking at the pictures made me hungry - are the burgers really that tiny that they need to pack 30 boxes into a case?
Speaking of burgers - I had a McDonald's Double Cheeseburger the other day. It never tasted so good! So what actually sparked this burger craze? Watch and enjoy:



While looking for the "Harold And Kumar" picture, I came across a photo of "Southland Tales" on
rottentomatoes - which surprised me because I've never heard of it before.



The Rock and Seann William Scott in "Southland Tales"

The Rock and Seann William Scott together in another movie?! I loved them in "The Rundown" so based on that alone, I might need to check this movie out.

It appears that The Rock is now being credited as Dwayne Johnson and not "The Rock" or Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. I guess he's an actor now - no more just a WWE Superstar.






The blurb at the top of the poster says that its by the writer/director of "Donnie Darko" - which I've heard of but not seen yet. Apparently, "Donnie Darko" is a good movie.

It looks like there's a new trailer for "01-18-08". And I think they've finally decided on a name for this movie - from the looks of the trailer, its going to be called "Cloverfield". Joblo.com has the clearest one so far, only thing is, we still don't see shit - I guess the monster won't be revealed in any trailer at all. Guess we'll have to wait til early next year to catch it!

There are now 4 posters - all of them with the same image, but 3 with different headings. The first poster, as shown below, didn't have a heading.









I have no idea why people thought that this would be a Voltron movie - but it'll be cool if it was.

I've also discovered this Chinese singer who's quite good - Jane Zhang Yiang Ling. Check out her rendition of Shanice's "Loving You".



It's been 15 days and I still have not received my package. I understand its the weekend and there's no mail on weekends. That doesn't mean I'm not keeping score. Time doesn't stop on weekends, does it?

It better get here this week - or I'll be really pissed! Which I already am, but, I'm going to be more..... HULK SMASH!!!!!

And I'm irritated that Streamyx is real shitty tonight.



Finally, another blast from the past - no, its not a "Ghostbusters" movie sequel but a game scheduled to be released at the end of 2008. The actors from the movie will be voicing the characters in the game, and providing the likenesses.




I used to love the old PC game - and I remember I wanted the toy Proton-Pack when I was a kid. I remember contructing one out of some LASY blocks onto a backpack that I had.







Screenshot from the upcoming "Ghostbusters" game

Who ya gonna call?

No comments: