Saturday, November 24, 2007

Finally.....


My Transformers Movie Ironhide arrived in the mail today! It took 20 days but I finally have it.



As mentioned previously, I never had any luck with my 1st attempt at online shopping. I bought some action figures off eBay and the sellers were located in the UK and USA. Items were claimed to have shipped but I never got them.

I sent an email to Play-Asia to inform them of what happened - and I was the nice, understanding customer. I told them very nicely that I was a first time customer, and that they had been highly recommended.

A representative did reply to my email and said that an investigation would be carried out and that I would be compensated if my package was lost. Unfortunately, they didn't state what kind of compensation I would be getting.

Still, that was a comforting thought - at least they were trying to do something about it.
This experience didn't restore my faith by that much. I had already planned to take a video of me opening up the package - in case it turns out that the contents wasn't what I ordered. Good thing there were no mix ups in this case!



The long wait has been torture - for the past 3 weeks, I was hoping for the package every time the postman stops outside. Today was no different. While watching in the hall, I saw the postman. He had a parcel on his seat behind him and I thought "This is it! It's finally here!".

Unfortunately, he only dropped off some mail in the postbox and rode off. I was cursing (again) and thought I'd have to wait even longer.
The postman finally came back to the gate after doing his rounds on my street.

FINALLY! The wait was over - brought the package indoors and started to cut open the tape that secured the box while I got Ryan to shoot the video.


According to the date stamped on the box, the package arrived on 8th November 2007 at KLIA. Does that mean it took 2 weeks for them to deliver it?! But no matter, its all history now. As the saying goes, "Better Late Than Never".

Will I buy from Play-Asia again? Probably. There are some interesting stuff that I wouldn't mind buying, if I had the extra dough to spend.

And I hope I won't face these issues again. Maybe its a one-off thing, but am I that unlucky?



Only 1 remains - Ratchet. Then my Autobots will be complete.

Ryan has been bugging me non-stop (as much as I whine to him about not getting my Ironhide) to get this game called "Mass Effect" - some Sci-Fi RPG. Finally decided to go place an order for it at Gamers Hideout and also to see if I could get WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2008.



I would have never imagined that this game would be so hard to get! I'll have to wait until they get their stocks in.

We stopped by Shiok Toys and I had a chat with Rey, the owner. A good thing I didn't have to place a deposit for my Hot Toys Superman/Clark Kent pre-order. I guess he "knows" me well enough now, so that's kinda cool.

I was thinking that I would have a new game to pop into the 360 when I got home but I left empty handed, a little disappointed. But I suppose money saved is a good thing. And yes, it is just after payday - hence the little treats for myself.

We recently sent the car to repair the dent on the front which happened, awhile back. Some paint touch up and a new skirt. It's all good now.





There's also a new trailer to "Cloverfield"/"01-18-2008" (yes, its officially called "Cloverfield" now). You can check it out at JoBlo.com - links are on the sidebar. Basically, the trailer still doesn't reveal anything (and I didn't expect it to) but its one of the very few movies that I'm really looking forward to.

Found some more tid-bits on "The Dark Knight"! A new teaser site. I haven't read the whole thing yet but there are supposedly spoilers about the movie's plot in the "newspaper reports".






Just 7 months to go.....

No comments: