Thursday, January 01, 2004

Tiu Niaseng, DT is starting to piss me off. Now, after 3 years, he tells me that there's some money that I owe him. I'm pretty sure I've settled this debt with him. And also after 1 year, he tells me that he forgot to include the cost of the packing cartons when I transferred money to him to ship my stuff back via Jetta Express. Don't know what his intention is - starting his message with "you know what, there's something I just remembered but didn't tell you" and ending it with "hahaha".

I was thinking of ignoring his messages, pretend I didn't get it but I think I'll ask him if he's 100% sure I still owe him the money. The money for the packing boxes from Jetta is acceptable, but the other amount I find it disturbing. How can he "suddenly remember" after 3 years anyway? Will see how it works out ..... just as I wrote yesterday, this year isn't off to a good start.

Was with some of the guys yesterday. Went to watch "Return Of The King" at Pyramid.
Stayed on for a drink before the Countdown. The place we were gathered was pretty bad. Not much of a view of the fireworks. It's just another day - nothing special. Maybe we're getting old. Or perhaps too tired, not really in a festive mood. I guess that happens if you've been at the office for 8 hours without having anything to do, followed by a 3 1/2 hour movie.

Watching such a long movie left me with a sore ass. I'm kinda glad I missed the movie marathon. I'm not sure if I could have lasted through. I had too much liquids before ROTK. I had to go to the "little boys" about 1 hour into the movie. Good thing there wasn't anything exciting to miss at that time. I guess I've proven that one's bladder can only take 2 Large Cokes at the most before you start to feel the effects. I've got to stop taking so much Coke.

So my opinions on "Return Of The King" - I've been waiting for this movie for ages. I think I have mixed reactions towards it. Not that its not a good movie - it is. Plus we watched it on a Wednesday, the RM 7 admission price is a bargain. It's just that I'm not really a big fan of huge battle scenes, the cameras pan too quickly and you can't really see what's going on. Maybe its time to read the books again.

So my votes are in and in my personal preference comparing all 3 movies:

First Place: The Fellowship Of The Ring
Second and Third: The Two Towers, Return Of The King (only because of continuity sake).

Now, I'll just have to wait until the end of the year for the Extended Edition DVD and my collection will be complete.

It's a New Year, time for resolutions which I'll NOT make because I always end up not fulfilling them. Who am I trying to kid? I really can't be bothered. Happy New Year to all you readers our there.

No comments: