Friday, January 30, 2004

Windy City.....

There was a dramatic change in the weather here during the CNY holidays. Either I've been away too long or my memory's acting up again. I don't seem to remember it being so windy during CNY. Then again, it seemed familiar - something I might have experienced before.

It has been fantastic weather the past week. Sure it rained and dirtied my car (its pretty shitty to have a white-coloured car stained with blothces of dirt residue from raindrops) but the weather was cooling. Looks like I've stopped complaining about the heat now.

Was scared shitless yesterday. THE BOSS (as he shall be known from now on) decided to take a drive to Low Yat Plaza to check out prices of 2nd hand notebooks as well as PC prices. He kept asking the same questions over and over again - to the point that it got almost irritating. Then again, he is THE BOSS. Finally, after many hours and saliva wasted on haggling for the price, he finally settled for one. Now, we just have to wait until next week to get our PC when the prices would supposedly reduce. We'll just have to see.

So why was I scared? I realised that I forgot to remove my CD player's headunit off the car, which would sort of be an invitation for a theft. Then of course, another reason being there was NO ONE at the office. With the metal shutters closed and most of the shoplots being vacant, its a scary thought to leave one's vehicle unwatched in a place like that.

Honestly, after the theft of my Smart Tag, I've become really paranoid. It's getting scary.

Have to go back to SHRDC tomorrow. Hope we can finish the SmartCard Project once and for all and be rid of it!

There seems to be some progress with RK. We sent about 4 - 5 SMS-es to each other. Lots of teasing but something positive might come out of it - a meal at the very least. Managed to get her email but she hasn't replied. A friendly SMS reminder one of these days would reveal what happened. I'm a fox, after all. But as usual, it takes time and will have to see what happens.

No comments: