Saturday, December 13, 2003

It's Friday evening. Right now, I’m waiting for Raymond and Chuah. Of all places in the world, I’m waiting at Macca’s. My mobile is dying on me, haven’t charged it for about 2 days. Working on the laptop that Deidere brought back from her office, an ACER Tablet PC. I’m getting a hang of it. I guess I wouldn’t have problems working with a laptop after this.

I suppose its fate or something, I can’t escape – somehow connected to Maccas. Not that it’s a really bad thing – or is it?

. We all met for lunch today, just like any other day the past week. We decided to go watch “Infernal Affairs 3” at IOI Mall, just further down the street from the office. We discussed this yesterday but only managed to get tickets for the 7:30 pm show. It should be good, even the reviews I’ve read say so.

Traffic was quite heavy, near a stand-still but I managed to make it.

A week of industrial attachment has gone by. To be totally honest, it wasn’t as bas as I thought it’d be. Then again, there was nothing much to be done during this first week.

SH and I arrived on Monday and waited more than an hour before JF finally arrived. There was almost nothing to do the entire week. JF wasn’t around for the past 2 days, gone outstation on business.

So, there was no work, no Internet access, worse of all, NO PC for me and SH at all! We have to share a 6’ table for the moment. We’re waiting for the consultant to come in before we officially kick off the project. In the mean time, JF might be searching around for some PCs.

So, we learnt a couple of new things this past week, how to issue invoices and Dos. We also learnt how to use the courier service, or the procedures rather.

JF seems to be really ambitious, there are lots that he wants to do, but doesn’t know where and how to start. Sounds pretty familiar. I know I’ve been there. His company seems to be totally unrelated to the rest although Mr Wong is the biggest shareholder of the company. As for the staff, haven’t had the chance to have any proper conversations with them. There’s one girl there who’s pretty cute who came over to talk to me yesterday, OK, so she wanted to find out the price of a thermal printer. At least it’s a start of something.

That biatch Saadiah still hasn’t done a damn thing yet. As of today, I still don’t have a road tax for my car. For fuck’s sake, when will they hurry it up?!?!?! I’m impatient, I really want to drive it, I guess I want to impress.

Was supposed to meet Jon tomorrow with the rest of them. He called about 15 minutes ago to say he can’t make it. No problem, I want to impress him too. He’ll turn green with envy, that I can be sure. Not that I want to show off or anything.

Time to go off, and will upload this when the time is right.

No comments: