Sunday, December 14, 2003

Sunday morning. Eyes are getting tired. Might have to head off to bed after this. Had a really long day. Just finished the remainder of "Survivor Series" which I didn't get to watch the last time around. Before that, it was the Asian television premier of "Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring". Don't know how many times I've seen this movie. I've lost count. Still, I'm not bored of it - not yet anyway.

I finally used the RM 50 Tower Records voucher that Deidere got me for my birthday. Might as well since there is a validity date on that thing. It might expire in February but no point waiting that long before I actually do something about it.

So today I took a drove down to 1U. A lot has changed since the last time I was there. The new wing is now open but I didn't really look around. I was there for a purpose so I didn't want to waste much time exploring. I did go round looking at sneakers though. That's right, the Adidas and Nike still seem to be in my mental shopping list. Speaking of shopping lists, I wanted to get some hair gel but I forgot. Damn it! ( Yeah, I've cut my hair pretty short again ).

So anyway, got my "Two Towers Extended Edition" DVD from Tower Records. Cost me RM 119.90, after deducting the cash voucher. Got home, found out my Pioneer DVD player doesn't play Region 1 discs. Tried my PS2 and XBOX and both didn't play Region 1 discs either. Shit. My last hope was Deidere's laptop. I guess there wouldn't be problems of the discs having problems ie. not working.

Which brings me to my DVD player. I could've sworn the sales person said it plays discs from ALL regions. Either that or I could be mistaken. At least I have something to test their claims if I plan to get a new player - which I think I might some time in the future.
So right now, I'm left with 2 options:

Option A - get a new DVD player and make sure it plays ALL REGIONS.
Option B - find some place to modify the DVD player, although I think it would be better off getting a completely new unit.

Supposed to meet Jon and Neesha tomorrow evening/night. Haven't decided where and when yet. Don't even know who else is coming.

Wonder which car I should take.....

No comments: