Sunday, February 15, 2004

Cock & Bull story....

The story continues about the workplace. More new developments. From our conversations with THE FOOL, it seems like we're not going to get Internet access after all. We put down a list of potential problems we might face developing his system and Internet was highlighted. He gave some bullshit about not being able to apply for the access because there isn't any available phone lines.

He then tells us not to place too much hope on the Internet saying we might not be able to find what we need. This was after we told him we don't have any resources. Which we still don't. Still no books, no Internet, no stationary. THE FOOL is the kind that wants to "save face" and he tells people that he's been busy and hasn't been able to buy anything for the office yet. Yeah right.

SH and I brought our own extensions the other day. THE FOOL said it was good that we brought our own. The table was getting messy with the wiring all over and we thought that we'd show him how unequipped his "office" is. The following day, he bought a new extension, but for his wife. It's confirmed that the fucker is taking advantage of us. Like I told the rest, I'm sure he'd have put off getting the computers if I continued to bring Deidere's laptop to work.

We suspect that he's starting to be suspicious of us now. He seriously needs to work on his communication skills. One day, he told us "Next time ah, our office hours will change to 9 - 6,ok ah?". I thought that would be fine so I said "OK" because I'd have to pick my sister from college after that anyway. SH thought that meant "NO" because he thought I had to pick my sister up early. At the end, Both SH and I were confused about our working hours and we only found out at the end of the following day when it was time to go home.

On Thursday, we left at 5:30 pm as usual. On the way home, I got a missed call from THE FOOL. To be honest, I couldn't hear my phone ringing because my CD player was on too loud and my phone's vibration is no longer functioning. The 2nd time I answered the call, there was nothing from the other end. I finally managed to talk to him when he called for the 3rd time, and it went like this:

THE FOOL (TF): Hello, Roy ah? Where are you now?

ME: I'm on the LDP (not wanting to say I'm almost home)

TF: Where's Chan? Is he at the office?

ME: No, he went home also.

TF:*almost shouting* Har? Everyone went home? That means no one in the office la? No wonder la, I called the office and no one answered the call. I thought something happened.

ME: *thinking he's asking the obvious when he's already left with his wife earlier and he's not worried about us, but checking on us* Yeah, we left at 5:30 pm.

TF: Why you all left so early?

ME: I thought working hours was 8:30 - 5:30? (the confusion I mentioned earlier)

TF: *almost shouting* Nolah! It's 9 - 6 mah!

ME: Oh, I thought we said we can't make it because its jam at that time.

TF: It's ok, but next time please be punctual ah?

The reason for this is because we normally go into the office at 9 am even though we're supposed to start at 8:30 am. THE FOOL normally comes in after 9 am anyway. He should be setting an example no? :D

So fast forward to Friday evening, THE FOOL leaves at about 3:30 pm with his wife. SH and I are left alone at the office. We receive a call and it went like this:

ME: Hello

Caller: Mike please.

ME: *suspicious because it sounds like THE FOOL* Sorry, wrong number....

Caller: Wrong number. Sorry ah.... *hangs up*

I tell SH its sounds like THE FOOL and I expect him to call at intervals. I told SH to answer the next time the phone rings to see if THE FOOL is checking on us. True enough about 45 minutes - 1 hour later, the phone rings again and SH picks up. The person on the other end does not say a thing. This confirms our suspicion that he's checking on us because we normally don't get that many calls in the evenings.

Also, its one of his character flaws. He's doesn't seem to trust what anyone tells him, including SH and myself, even the people at the shops who were selling the the computers. Now, he's changed the seating arrangements so he can see everything that SH is doing as his monitor is in THE FOOL's line of sight.

So.....SH and I have already decided. We're pretty sure we're not getting Internet at work. So if we're stuck, we just plan to sit there and do absolutely nothing. If THE FOOL asks us what the problem is, we'll tell him what he told us, we'll say we're trying to be creative and innovative and trying to think of the solution. I think it'd be good payback for screwing around with us.

We talked to our trainers from Motorola for advice. They said to stay on and complete the 3 months. At least we'll have some experience to back up our resume. They advised us assuming we're not intending to stay even if THE FOOL offers us permanent employment.

To be continued.....

No comments: