Sunday, February 22, 2004

Weird.....but its still the weekend?

This hardly happens but time seems to be passing really slow this weekend. Still, its not a bad thing. I'll still have tomorrow off! I deserve it I say. Backing up data and re-installing OS, drivers and applications is not a very fun thing to do.

Sarah Tan is on Channel[V] right now. I saw her in a magazine once, minus the make up. She looks different. Didn't know she had freckles. Maybe because we don't see her close up on when she hosts a show.

Spoke to Jane last night. She's got a really cute voice. And that's all I have to say about that ;)

Was busy backing up files last night. Finally decided to downgrade the OS from WindowsXP to Windows 2000. I guess we don't have much of a choice because we have shit RAM modules and this shitty RAM modules cost a bomb so upgrading the PC is the last resort. It's all for the best.

Been installing the OS, drivers and software ever since I was up this morning. So much easier when you have the installer around. Now that cost me RM 90 the last time I sent the PC to the shop. Then again, we thought we could save a 40GB hard disk then.

Honestly, using it now, Windows 2000 looks completely shit compared to XP. Maybe there's some settings I haven't finished. Maybe I have to look for the motherboards driver to see if there' s any drivers for the display. I seem to be looking at shitty low-resolution icons on the desktop and taskbar. Can't really say if this is normal because I never really used Windows 2000 before.

Other than the graphical inferiority of the interface, there's nothing much I can complain about Windows 2000 so far. Speed is so much better. Sure as hell doesn't take about 5 seconds to open a MS-Word document. I'll have to see when I install more applications before I can be sure.

It just goes to show that when we get used to something better, we have a hard time adjusting to something that lacks a little. Case in point, going from Broadband back to dial-up Internet access. Driving a Civic then driving a Wira for example. Is this what they call "no turning back"? We ease ourselves into our comfort zones and we don't want to leave. It's hard adjusting back to the way things were.

Uncle Pat was here yesterday. Talking about investment potentials and job opportunities. It seems we can make between AUS $ 100 - 300/day picking apples at an Ochard about 1 hour's drive from Melbourne. His friend owns the ochard and he's paying good money.

AUS $ 2400 - $ 7200 sounds like a freaking good deal to be picking apples! I'll probably be packing my bags and flying off to Melbourne when I'm done with my Industrial training. It's all about the money these days isn't it? Can you imagine earning RM 7,200 - RM 21,600 a month picking apples? Shit, its almost unbelievable. I'll probably subject myself as a guinea pig and you can hear all about my experiences back here in the future.

The other choice would be to work for Uncle Pat at his office. I guess any job is better than nothing? And so much more if it pays a hell lot better than what I can get here in Malaysia!

So I guess its just a matter of time before I say "Melbourne, here I come!". And this time when I go, I might probably have to get myself a digital camera.

No comments: