Monday, February 09, 2004

Old letters, old cards.....

I went through my bedside table the other day and browsed through all my old FHM magainzes. Most of them are still in pretty good condition. I wonder what of my Australian versions. They're all still in Melbourne. Sending them back would cost a bomb because they weigh a tonne. Thought I could sell them off at the bookstores here. I'm sure lots of people would like a glimpse of the uncensored versions of FHM.

I couldn't help but take a look at the stack old letters and birthday cards. I looked at the date of some of them. They were from way back in 1997. I've still got that friendship band that Chooi Ee gave me. Wonder what happened to her. I wrote out a letter at the office today. I guess I'll email her one time and wait for a reply. If I don't get one, I guess I'll just have to post the letter to Seremban. She didn't even inform me that she changed her handphone number. And I don't see her online anymore.

I've also got all of Alison's letters here with me.

I wonder why I'm keeping them after all these years. OK, so I am the sentimental type. Some of you might already know that.

When I saw Ronald during the weekend, I told him all about the problems we've had at work. We had a good laugh, everyone did. Good thing Motorola is concerned about us. I told him we'll have another comedy script for him this weekend. Guess I was right.

THE BOSS is the type that wants "face". Can you imagine where he's going to hide if when people find out he runs a SOFTWARE COMPANY THAT DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS!!!!! The contractors just came to setup the phone lines today and we found out that there are only a maximum of 2 lines allowed at the premises. Of course both are already being used by THE BOSS'S brother. Now we have to share the phone lines, along with the chairs amongst other things. Starting a new business on a budget is one thing but not getting stationary, a proper wastepaper basket or even a clock? And he keeps telling us we have to look professional. He doesn't even have a proper office for fuck's sake!

It's a fucking joke. I don't know whether to laugh (which I do all the time! I wonder why I'm taking it so easy) or to feel sorry for myself for being stuck in a dump like that.

I've decided to change the reference for THE BOSS to THE FOOL, just because I can. I used to feel sorry for THE FOOL previously, I thought he was being ignored at the old office. Like an onion, the layers are being peeled off and we see him for who he really is. I don't think I can deny that he does have some attitude problems. We suspected it before, its now confirmed. Like what is said in my quote on the title above, I've seen it, I've heard it. He's a complete JACKASS!

Countdown: 3 months and counting (give or take)

We'll start discussions on our project tomorrow. Let's see what else this joker tries to suggest. We saw that he plans to attend a seminar on a Production Control System on the 17th of this month. I wonder if he'll take us along. If he does, I'm going to make sure I ask how many people it took to build that system, and how long it took during the Q&A session.

I think I mentioned that he's been telling people he's developing an ERP system. Ronald had a look of shock on his face when I told him that THE FOOL expects us to complete it in 3 months.

Like I told Ronald, we'll be submitting a new comedy script in every weekend for them to have a laugh. I'm evil for talking bad about my boss and company, aren't I? >:)


No comments: