Monday, July 05, 2004

Independence Day, Happy Holidays!

It's a holiday today, the 4th of July in the USA. A public holiday for us. Back to work tomorrow. That I don't mind, but its the damned quizzes that we'll be having the whole of this week. Didn't do that well for the first one (78%) but good thing I got 90% for the 2nd one. I didn't expect to go through quizzes and exams all over again!

Got back from Fraser's Hill yesterday. We left about 6 pm after a very late lunch. It was raining the whole afternoon and the drive downhill was slow and steady. Had to drop Darshini and Suaran off in Jalan Ipoh and then drove back home.

Tried archery for the first time but I did OK.....after the first 2 arrows. At least I was hitting the target board. Of course practice makes perfect. I ended up with a bruise on my left arm when I got hit by the bowstring when releasing the arrow. Sure there was that protective plastic plate but I guess I didn't have it in the right position. It was like being slapped with a leather belt.

I think it was close to 24 hours before I had any sleep when we were in Fraser's because we left about 6:30 am or so on Saturday morning after work. Then it was off to Setapak where we stopped for breakfast before heading to Selayang to get more things for the trip. Minor accident, lost one of the wheel arch deco when I scraped against a Wira. Scary! Can't believe I didn't see how close I was to the car. Thank god there was no one in the car at the time!

Weather was good, cool - just the way I like it. But I guess the rain spoilt alot of it. Overall it was a good trip, a bunch of fun people to hang out with.

Called SW last night and talked to her for awhile. Haven't spoken to for a while. It seems like a long time. It's a relief to hear her say she misses me, even its only a "little bit" as she puts it. We're probably going to watch "Spiderman 2" this Saturday. I might have to go out later and see if I can get tickets. Maybe I'll do some shopping. I've still got to activate the Citibank credit cards anyway.

No comments: