Friday, July 30, 2004

Let's wait awhile.....

There's something I want to tell you
There's something I think that you should know
It's not that I shouldn't really love you
Let's take it slow

When we get to know each other
And we're both feeling much stronger
Then let's try to talk it over
Let's wait awhile longer

Let's wait awhile before it's too late
Let's wait awhile before we go too far

Remember that special night
When all of the stars where shining bright
We made our first endeavor
To stay together

Remember our very first promise
To love, to share, and be real honest
But on that very first night
It wasn't quite right

Let's wait awhile before it's too late
Let's wait awhile, our love will be there
Let's wait awhile before we go too far

I didn't really know not to let all my feelings show
To save some for later so our love can be greater
You said you would always love me
Remember I said the same thing too
You don't have to be frightened with my love
Because I'll never give up on you
Let's wait awhile, awhile before it's too late
You know you can't rush love

Let's just take our time
With love so good, we shouldn't rush it
We need to slow it down

- Janet Jackson -

The radio's on Mix FM everyday on the bus when I go to work. I heard this yesterday. I've never really enjoyed Janet's music much because I can't hear what she's singing half of the time. Somehow the lyrics of this song makes sense.

It's common sense really. If only I'd have taken heed earlier. Then again, in these situations - common sense isn't always practiced. You don't always think with your head.

She finally responded to my sms. What she said feels like a cut. She knows my weakness, my weak spot. She knew where to hit me where it would hurt most. The funny thing is, I didn't get upset over it. Maybe I've shed my last tear for her. I replied and ended my message saying "I can promise you I'll call you less". I have the right to be angry too - but I didn't want to make things worse than they already were. Being the loyal kind of person that I am, I'll salvage any bit of friendship left if I can. I think based on my experience througout the years, I never leave them, they leave me instead.

The past few days after getting her last sms has been strange. I know this isn't a normal reaction. It can't be explained. At least its comforting to know that I won't be hurting for long.

Anyone with advice or comments, please click on the "#" at the bottom of this post and type away. All comments and advice is welcome. PF was asking about the comments for weeks. It was there all this time. Right under our noses. If I didn't click on the "#" to have a look, I wouldn't have known as well.

That's our problem sometimes, we don't see what is in front of us. Just because we don't see it, it doesn't mean it isn't there.


No comments: