Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Nightmares


I've been having nightmares again. Weird dreams - and a few of them in a night. Or day, rather..... Sometimes my dreams seem linked. Interconnected somehow.

Dream # 1

I dreamt about ghosts. Particularly a little kid. A boy. He had some kinda weird obsession with eggs. He was always carrying two with him. I was in some alleyway in the dream when I caught a glimpse of this "boy". He was playing. It seems as though as he had some obsession with Ultraman. He kept putting the eggshells over his eyes as he ran about.

Dream # 2

My parents and I were running away. From the ghosts. I think the boy with the eggs were there. We ran into my car and sped off. We came to narrow road and there was a group of people crossing the road. I regonized those people. They're my colleagues from HSBC, I see some of the girls. They're crossing the road. I look back and I see the ghosts coming after us. I look to my right out the driver's window, I see a motorcycle and he rams into my car - into the driver's door. I feel the car jerk forward, it feels like something rammed into us from behind. The car moves forward. The girls scream. We run over them. We can hear the screams. The sickening sound of crushing bones. I pull the handbrake but its not working. We're still moving forward. I can feel the people we run over under the car. They're screaming in pain.

Dream # 3

I'm someone else. It's a different era. I see decapitated heads on the ground. They're Chinese. They have pig tails. I look around and I hear guys shouting "Sifu! Sifu!". They're screaming, crying. The unmistakable music of "Wong Fei Hung" is playing in the background. Who the hell am I? The people run over the decapitated heads and pick them up. One of them is my "Wong Sifu". What's happened here? Why am I calling him "sifu"? I look around and I see people running towards us. I recognize one of them and I call out to him "Nga Chat So!". Then I wake up.....

Weird dreams. I wonder if they symbolize something?

Oh shit, I don't have anymore work clothes. I need to go do some ironing.


No comments: