Monday, January 03, 2005

Annual Leave Day # 2.....Make that Leave Day # 2


Now I don't know if this is such a good idea. It's not the start of my official leave plus I don't really have 10 days of annual leave. It's just a 5-day stretch and today's the replacement off-day for New Year's Eve when it was supposedly the actual off day. Hell, it isn't even my annual leave but core leave. Maybe I should start the recount.

Read something interesting in the paper the other day, about earthquakes and its relation with the date 26th. It seems that alot of major earthquakes occured on the 26th. Here's what's reported in The Sun, 1st January 2005.

2001
- Jan 26: Ahmedabad
- Sept 26: Chennai

2003
- Jan 26: New Zealand
- May 26, Sept 26: Japan
- May 26: Indonesia
- Oct 26: China
- Dec 26: Bam, Iran - estimated 30,000 people killed

And the latest one, Indonesia as well. The latest death toll stands at 155,000. Now is that coincidence? Pretty freaky huh?

I set out what I needed to do yesterday. The servicing of my PS2 cost less than I anticipated. RM 50 instead of the expected RM 80. Bad news though, I was told that the lens will be dying soon and it'll cost about RM 280 for a new replacement. Seems to work fine now although I have yet to fully test it out. No complaints so far. No new games yet.

I finally saw the Sony PSP. This guy who bought a Nintendo DS was testing it out. Sad to say, the game he tested (Puzzle Bobble or something) didn't really show off what the PSP is capable of. Still from what he saw, he said it was damn good. Hell, it better be good for RM 1600. When am I going to get mine? :D USA launch in March 2005.

I went to Fish & Co again yesterday for dinner at 1U yesterday. It's the 3rd time I've been there and the same order of their "World Famous" (their claim, not mine!) Fish & Chips. Still, its good fish & chips. And some of you might know I'm not a huge fan of seafood. Same quality of food and service. Thumbs up! I said good things in the little survey card they gave me after the meal. Either they pride themselves with the quality of their food and service at this outlet or do they maintain it at all outlets?

The same can't be said about the Manhattan Fish Market I tried at Sunway Pyramid the other day, the chips were a little soggy. Maybe I was there on a bad day. It was only after the meal when I realized that there was a Fish & Co outlet at Pyramid as well! I felt cheated. Should I give them another chance?

Decided to go DVD shopping after that. I still haven't got my "Return Of The King" Extended Edition DVD set yet. RM 170. Need to focus on my budget. Self-constraint.

Was planning on getting only a couple of movies, Jackie Chan's "New Police Story" (in Cantonese!) and Resident Evil: Apocalypse. I ended up spending RM 110 on *ahem* DVDs! Talk about self control! So what did I get? Good thing about this place is that they have an offer of "Buy 10 get 1 free" and boxed sets count as well!

- Smallville Season 1 (6 discs, 21 episodes) : Already finished disc 1 (Pilot - Episode 4) and bloody hell, there are some problems with it. If it happens to all discs, I'm going back and demanding an exchange or refund! Watching the first 4 episodes, its kinda like watching X-Files set in the Superman universe. The later seasons only get better or so I've read.



This is for you KL! =D

- New Police Story: Jackie's very emotional in this one, and I've read that Nicholas Tse was the comic relief@clown in this movie. Hello? What comic relief? I don't recall anything funny in the movie. Charlie Young, haven't seen her in awhile, kinda reminds me of AMO SF :D

- King Arthur: Wanted to watch this at the cinemas but didn't have the time (or my usual company?)

- Bourne Supremacy: Seen the first one (Bourne Identity) and abit of it again on ASTRO the other day. It's a sequel so, why not eh?

- The Manchurian Candidate 2004: Read good reviews about this remake with Denzel Washington, plus I was running out of ideas on what to get.

- Die Hard: I think my favourite of the trilogy. Maybe I should've just waited and got the boxed set instead :P Yes, its old. Date on the back of the sleeve stated it was released in 1988.

I think this haul ought to last me quite awhile, no? I can also catch up on my gaming. I doubt I'd have any plans during the weekdays anyway.

So, anyway, I've been doing some thinking. And I'd like opinions. So here's the question:

"Who would you buy a gift for? Would a friend deserve a gift? Best friend? Someone special?"

I must admit that I'm not the type of person who buys gifts for people, not even friends I've known for more than 10 years, unless its a special ocassion. So naturally, I don't expect gifts from people either.

I guess not everyone is that type of person. I think this normally applies more to females. I've known some people for a very long time and don't get gifts from them. But hey, I'm not angry at you, I'm not expecting anything. No need to feel guilty or anything :D

It's just that the issue with SW got me thinking. I figure you gotta be pretty special to get a birthday, then Xmas present from someone you haven't seen in 6 months, right? I'm touched by the gesture, delighted that she still thinks about me. I should just be happy with what I have.....shouldn't I?

So fire those comments away, you can click on the little "#" at the bottom of this post to add a comment or email me at royalrumble79@yahoo.com

In the meantime, I think its time for some more "Smallville".....

No comments: