Monday, January 31, 2005

R.I.P.....


I just found out today that someone I know passed away recently. He was about 22 and I got to know him at a gathering. Met him only once but it was enough to know he was a good person. Apparently it was stress related, either a heart attack or a stroke. Rest in peace, my friend.

Makes one think how think about fragile life is.....

I've changed shifts 3 times within the last month, this time all because the management wants to cut costs. They've grouped us according to our transportation routes and that will determine our shift time. I'm still at 12am - 9pm but I'll be reporting to AMO VJ again. I thought I was supposed to be having my off-day today as in the schedule. Was really looking forward to it. Then I found out on Saturday that there was a mistake. I should've known it was too good to be true. When did they ever give us our off-days on Mondays?

All the changes have been taking its toll. Bouts of insomnia, adjustments to be made for the sleeping times. Funny, with all these excitement, I actually had 2 dreams about a tsunami in KL! Talk about weird.


AS is also back from UK. JC called me the other day and wanted to meet up on Saturday - when I had to work (but of course!). I told them to make it Monday and that was before I realised there was the mistake. Might probably be meeting tomorrow night then.

Met up with TE yesterday. I told him before to give me a call if he didn't go back to Ipoh for the weekend. He sms-ed me a few days before to tell me and asked if I wanted to go watch "Elektra". Why not, I thought.....

Finally got around to getting myself to the Braun Buffel boutique while I was at 1U waiting for TE yesterday. The main point was to find out how much SW paid for my gift. The wallet was selling for RM 219. I knew it wasn't cheap - but had no idea that it cost that much. This "search" to find out how much the gift cost SW got me wondering - why the hell was I doing it? The only explanation I could come up with was out of curiousity, if nothing else.

The time has also come again for more gifts, this time its for Valentine's. Found this really interesting card - which I think is unique. Hope she likes her presents as well!

Again I went to Djinn's shop as usual. The temptation of the PSP is too much to resist. It's not helping that the price is getting cheaper, and with the USA launch coming in March 2005. I feel like a character from the Lord of The Rings trilogy who's being seduced by the power of the One Ring.

Photos and pictures do no justice to this gadget, it has to be seen in motion. Here's a video of "Finding Nemo" to see it running on the PSP to see how good it really is! It was shot by a lucky PSP owner who wrote his own PSP review. Read review here.

Unbelieveable, its like carrying a pocket DVD player around. To quote a quote, "What the eyes see, the ears hear, the mind believes"!

"Finding Nemo" on PSP!

Last Thursday's In-Tech pullout of The Star stated that 800,000 units of the PSP have been shipped since launch. Damn it, I gotta get me one of 'em PSPs! Anyone else tempted now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I received the sms from Andes about Fie's news, the first person that came to mind that I wanted to tell out was to you (after I got to know that you're in the same office and you are in fact the only person in office whom I can think of who knows Fie). I got so shocked. Best still, no one knew what happened. After work and when I reached home, I contacted Neow and asked him about it. It seemed that he was among those very last people who talked to Fie before he had the heart attack around midnight. He nearly cried while telling it to me. I felt the sadness too at that time. Went numb for awhile. And hey about the shifts, well, I guess the mgmt aint that great after all, rite? I had problems with my pc and systems too lately. See ya around bro. ~sammi_gal~