Monday, January 10, 2005

Truth and Reconciliation....


It's day # 10. I'll be going back to work tomorrow night. SMS-ed DG the other day and he told me our new shift will be from 9pm - 6am. That's a pretty good shift. I'll get home before the traffic starts to build up. Then again, its only for the next 3 weeks until we rotate shifts again.

Finally met up with SW again on Saturday - after 6 months. I gave her presents to her first, she was excited from what I could tell. At first I told her she could only pick one out of the bag, I only told her in the end that they were all for her. She said she never got so many soft toys at once before. And the song that I managed to "track" down for her, surprised her. It was "Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go".

And the truth was revealed. We talked and she asked me if I really wanted to know the truth and I said yes. All this time, she wasn't angry at me at all. She thought that I was angry at her. She remembered that she was supposed to celebrate our birthdays together but thought I was still angry at her. She said I was lucky that I sent her an sms on her birthday.....whatever that means. I guess she took it as an indication that I was not angry at her. She did some explaining, I listened.

I asked her why didn't she sms or call me if she wasn't angry. She just shrugged. She said that although she didn't sms or call, it didn't mean that she didn't think about me. That was nice to know.

She took me to Tower Records and asked me to choose something. I was having a tough time choosing CDs. I finally narrowed down the selection between 2 choices, a compilation and Alicia Keys - The Diary Of Alicia Keys. Still couldn't decide when she suggested that I take both. I asked her what were they for, since I've already had 2 gifts in the bag. She said she was feeling generous.

I finally opened my presents at the end of the night, after dinner and movie. I sent her home but we stopped for a drink. It was a leather wallet and a keychain which was a heart-shaped lock with a compartment for a photo. Now that one got me thinking again. Why a heart-shaped lock? Any significance?

I was very touched. Other than a gift from my sisters, I don't think I got any other presents this year for my birthday or Xmas. Come to think of it, I don't remember when was the last time I actually got any birthday gifts.


I had to practice some sort of self-restraint. After all, it was the first time I was seeing her again after 6 months. Basically needed to see her reaction - and it seems like things might have gone back to normal. Still, I'm lucky I got out of this one without any problems. She's going to be working on Saturdays for the next month. Probably won't be seeing her for awhile unless she decides to sms me at the last minute and wants to meet up.

2nd time at Manhattan Fish Market and had their fish & chips again. It wasn't too bad this time around but my vote still goes to Fish & Co for quality.

Check this out for something funny. The actual song is much better but just for laughs. It'd help if you're a fan of the game, if you're not - I'll just tell you its the theme song for "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater". Enjoy!

No comments: