Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Day # 5


It's day number 5. Have I done anything "productive"? I don't think so. The only thing I've done for the past couple of days have been mainly catching up on sleep and watching TV and DVDs.

Out of all the DVDs that I got the other day, I'm left with "The Bourne Supremacy" and "Die Hard". I'm also on to disc 4 of "Smallville", I think I've just finished episode 13 last night. Looking at the synopsis on the back of the DVD covers, I realized that there are many episodes here that I've seen before on TV. Funny, cause I don't remember having the time to have watched it on TV before. When did I ever watch "Smallville" on TV?

I also realized that I'm not a big fan of drama. That's what I think of "The Manchurian Candidate". Maybe I just don't appreciate that kind of genre.

My horoscope yesterday read - "Your talent resides in facts, analysis and practical solutions. Emotions and feelings? - that's another story. Today, you'll be given a golden opportunity to get deep and meaningful with someone special. Go for it!".

What opportunity? I didn't see any "opportunities". I was stuck at home! Oh, wait.....maybe I was supposed to pick up the phone and give someone a call? I didn't really want to waste the effort. Chances are hope or expectations can come with disappointment. Maybe I should just wait till the weekend when everyone else is not working! :D

The only call I got was at about 3:10 am when I got a call from one of the transport drivers. I have no fucking idea why he called me for. He was nice enough to call earlier in the evening to ask if I was taking the cab from 1Utama or Summit, though. But why the fuck did he call me at 3am in the morning? He was saying something but I didn't catch it being half asleep. Weird.

Today's horoscope - " Today's Scorpio energy favours psychological undercurrents and the mysterious. So don your detective cap, grab your magnifying glass and get ready to uncover a fascinating secret!"

The only thing I've uncovered so far is that Discovery "Travel and Adventure" is now known as "Travel and Living". And I watched an episode of "A Cook's Tour" that I've never seen before. They have a turkey dish in Mexico with a sauce made of chocolate and bananas among other ingredients. Turkey with Chocolate? Weird combination. And they use alot of cheese in their cooking. Mmmmm.....cheese =D

Back to one of my "Christmas Wish List" items, there have been announcements that the screen for the Sony PSP will be replaced to cut costs etc. Originally, the screen was developed by SHARP but now, the new screens will be supplied by SAMSUNG. Compare the quality from different angled shots. You can't deny that the image quality on SHARP is heaps better.


SHARP screen


SAMSUNG screen

Damn! I want a SONY PSP NOW! Funny, I haven't played any games since I got my PS2 back from the shop the other day. Maybe I just want to get all the DVDs out of the way first.


This morning I woke up, went to the bathroom and had a thought. It doesn't really feel like I'm on vacation from work. It's more like a break from school or Uni. Why? I realized that I didn't have to worry about any datelines or project status, no worries about meetings or anything of that sort. There's no report that I need to finish up, no clients to meet up with. I guess its one of the perks of the job.

Right now, it pays the bills and expenses. I get to keep aside some money each month - but will this lead anywhere in the long term?

Mum saw the stack of DVDs that I got yesterday and she asked me how much I spent on them. She told me I should start saving up or I won't have any money when I want to get married. Marriage.....hrmmmm.....I thought there was no rush?

No comments: