Tuesday, January 11, 2005

It could happen to you.....


Do you have that someone in your life who's never around, then magically re-appears when they want something, a tiny favour perhaps? Some are even more obvious, they show up specifically when they want something!

So I was online yesterday minding my own business when I saw her came online. She's back in Australia now. Let's call her Miss X to protect her identity but I reckon someone might know who this person is. So, I thought "OK, its been awhile - lemme just say hi". It started off alright, then the request for the favour came about.

Apparently, Miss X's old phone charger isn't working and they don't sell that model in Australia. Miss X asked if I could go get her the charger and pass it on to her friend's sister who's going to Australia soon. Better yet, she asked if I could buy her the charger and pass it on to her friend. She said she'd call her friend's shop in Jln Sultan Ismail (near The Mall) to enquire about the charger and asked if I could pick it up from there.

My first reaction was "Shit, that's in KL! I'm shit with KL roads!". She went on and on. That's when I regret my decision to say hi. I knew she had to go off soon to go to work.

So what did I do? I clicked on the close button on MSN Messenger and just ended the conversation there and then. *Shock* Now, wasn't that mean of me? Well, too bad. I don't know why I didn't say "NO" there and then.

I'll just say that I think I know Miss X long enough and she's pulled this sort of stunt before. The moral of the story? Be cautious when dealing with with a Mr or Miss X in your life.

Slept after 1 am last night and I was awake at about 7:30 am. Eye-lids getting heavy. Need more sleep. And I've got this sore-throat. Great, fucking great! Just when I've got to go back to work tonight.

No comments: