Sunday, May 05, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 140 (Sunday, 5th May 2002)
Status: On call
Days without PS2: 1 day
Listening to: Sisqo - Incomplete
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PF cancelled our "date" today. Talked to her online last night and said that she might have to meet me later. I didn't have a problem with that. She was supposed to call me today around 3 pm but she didn't. I was at McDonald's with the rest of them for Belmain's little birthday party. On the way home, they decided to check out a garage sale. We took a big round before we got to the place. Nothing really of interest there.

Came online when I got home and saw PF online. I reminded her she was supposed to call me and to that, she replied with "Oh shit". I guess she must've forgotten. No matter. She said she's helping her bro with his assignment and might have to meet me later. Sure, no problem. After some time, she finally said that she would have to cancel tonight's plans. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. Guess there's always other days before she goes back to Perth on the 17th.

Also heard that Uncle K and Aunt L will be leaving on Tuesday, from Uncle K himself. He was packing up some of his things into his luggage this evening. They went out for dinner, the girls came back and surprise surprise....they're at Crown again tonight.

Had a chat with Ryan this afternoon. It's amazing how children think at times. Their innocence...all of us adults should look deeper and perhaps we could learn something from the young 'uns. I was talking to my brother about getting the GameCube, asking for his opinion etc. Telling him how much I would have to spend. After sometime, he told me " Just get one controller and if D wants to play, ask him to get his own controller. " I laughed at his reply. It was a good one.

Talking to him made me realise something. I don't actually need to get an extra controller just yet if I get the Cube. Most of the games I plan on getting are 1 player games, for example Resident Evil, Star Wars: Rogue Leader and even Luigi's Mansion (if I get the Toys R Us bundle). Super Smash Brothers Melee which comes out end of the month is a multiplayer game (up to 4 players at once, hence the 4 controller ports) but then it dawned on me and I asked myself this "How often do I play 2 player games anyway?". I might just get the 2nd controller later on and save the $ 60 now for something else... like Final Fantasy X for the Playstation 2 ( first ever FF with voice acting and fantastic graphics! Whoaaaa ). Well, in the end, I might end up buying a 2nd controller anyway or I could get it with my Super Smash Brothers Melee.

I must say the hype surrounding this little machine is insane and I'm getting caught up in the insanity as well. Why did my fingers have to be so itchy? Why did I have to go try the demo units of the Cube at Myer, Pulsar and Toys R Us? Why do I live video games so much?
Well - if its any consolation, it ISN'T my fault. It's Nintendo's fault. Damn you Nintendo!! Damn you! You don't see Microsoft having this sort of effect on me, making me want an X-Box so badly. It's all damned Nintendo's fault.

So here's Plan B (for getting a GameCube):
Get Toys R Us $ 429 bundle ( Cube with 1 controller, 1 Memory Card, Luigi's Mansion, Strategy Guide, 5 x $ 10 GameCube vouchers ) and get Star Wars: Rogue Leader for $ 90 with the voucher makign the total $ 519. Sounds like a plan, the 2nd controller can wait until I get Super Smash Brothers Melee. Even then, I can play that game alone! So there might not be a need for a 2nd controller just yet. Yes - it's all good.

Countdown (according to www.nintendo.com.au) - 10 days 22 hours 54 mins 15 secs to GameCube's Australian Launch.
* We're getting close! *

Oh - what a boring night it is. This is it. I'm off.



No comments: