Monday, May 27, 2002

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 162(Monday, 27th May 2002)
Status: Neither here nor there
Days without PS2: 0 days
Days without Cube: 4 days or thereabouts
Listening to: Ja Rule (Feat. Ashanti) - Always On Time
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a chill in the air this morning as I walked out. My breath came out in condensed mist of vapour. It has been quite cold for the past couple of days. Sign that winter is approaching.

Was supposed to meet Shannon at 10 am. I was ahead of schedule. Good thing, got to make a good impression. As I approached the tram,I saw it leaving. Shit! The driver must've been observant and stopped for me. Nice elderly man - some other drivers don't give a shit and just continue moving anyway.

I got there early,saw Shannon who introduced me to the Roster Manager. Can't remember his name, Tony I think. He got my bank account details and tax file number. He said he'll try to fit me in the schedule. Shannon said that I might have to start on 3rd June.
Went into the office after that and discussed things with Tony. He asked me if 20 - 30 hours would be alright. I said I want 30 hours or more. Told him about Ben's offer which was 38 hours. He noted it down and I said 30 hours was alright. Gave the same reasons as before which was rent and bills to be paid.

Went back home after that when he said he would give me a call after the roster has been sorted out. I came home, was online for about an hour then went to sleep after that. Couldn't sleep well last night. Was awakened by a phone call from Shannon who wanted my date of birth. Hrmm...he said he was entering my details into the computer. Does that make me an employee now?

Discussed the current net bill. Fcuking AUS $111 !!!! Shit....damn excess charges. Damn Telstra.

KE's birthday today. Just had a little celebration with her earlier. She somehow seems to like the Baci from Myer which I got last year for Uncle Patrick.

Saw "Resident Evil" on Sunday morning. The last show of the night, 12.20 am. Went with DT. The movie was surprisingly enjoyable. Maybe it was because I didn't expect much. Maybe because I am a fan of the games.

Spent the last couple of days with the PS2, Resident Evil: Code Veronica X and abit of WWF Smackdown. Been trying to make progress on RE,which I did. I might have to restart from a previous save point because I want to get the Assault Rifle AND the shotgun. Got the ammo but no weapon. DOH!!! Can't seem to find the assault rifle. After checking with FAQs, I know where the room is,but never realised any cupboards in there before. As for the shotgun, need to find an alternative exit.

Also watched "Dawson's Creek" on TV1 last night. Of all the things I could have done, I was watching "Dawson's Creek".

Another 4 days to Super Smash Brothers Melee. Would I have the weekend to play it before work on Monday (I assume)? Would it be released on time at Toys R Us? Time will tell.

Oh, also 10 days before "Spider-Man" hits the theatres. Can't wait.


No comments: