Saturday, June 01, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 167(Saturday, 1st June 2002)
Status: Neither here nor there
Days without PS2: 3 days
Days without Cube: 0 days
Listening to: The humming of my portable heater
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh - what a week it has been. Has it been one week since my last update? Didn't seem like it. Time for another update. Let's start off with Tuesday, the 28th of May 2002.

I remember playing Resident Evil on the PS2 for awhile before watching RAW on tv. I remember it well because Celine came out to watch it with me. Celine is the sister of KA's friend. It took me sometime to realise the 2 guests were sisters. They don't really look alike. Who can blame me eh? Anyway, Celine is the younger one who just completed her SPM and she's crazy about WWE as well.

Well anyways,after lots of saving and reloading previous save games, I've finally obtained the Assault rifle AND the shotgun in RE. Time to blow some zombies to bits! More progress with RE which is a good thing.

Can't remember what happened on Wednesday. I remember playing the boardgame RISK with all of them. I think that was Thursday night. Or was it Wednesday night? Geez - I've some serious issues here with memory.

Thursday - another blank. I remember going to get dog food with DT at Glenferrie. Had Kim-Chi for dinner. Saw Shannon and he said I have 3 shifts next week. Still waiting for the confirmation call.

Friday - yesterday. In fact, it was just a few hours ago. Woke up pretty early but went back to sleep. Stopped at Freemasons Hospital to pay a bill. Stopped at Medibank at Bourke St to make some claims. Walked to Pulsar and saw that they had only 1 (ONE!) copy of Super Smash Brothers Melee left at $ 99. I didn't see it on the shelf actually. I don't know how I missed it but there was the ONE and only left after I asked the guy who was placing Xbox games on the shelf.

I left and stopped at Toys R Us. Ah...now this is something worth talking about. I went down the escalator and walked past the service counter. This cute Asian girl looks at me and I look back. I thought she was going to TELL me to leave my bag at the counter but NO. She asks. So polite. So nice. I've seen her before. Many times. Always thought she was cute. But that's another story....So for simplicity's sake, I'll call her Cute Girl # 1. She's got a major role in today's plot. She takes my bag and hands me a card.

Went over to the games section - looked up and down the Nintendo section, saw a copy of SSB:M on the shelf, took it then looked at the PS2 shelf. WHAT? No more FFX? How can that be?! I walk over to the cash register. Whoa..another cute Asian girl. Cute Girl # 2. I tell her I'm taking the SSB:M and I say I have a coupon for $ 10 discount. It's all good. Then I ask about FFX. She tells me they are sold out. I ask her when they're getting new stock. She says she's not sure and she asks the guy. It was the same guy who served me when I bought my Cube. I remember him because he's got a slightly deformed arm. He says they might get stock this afternoon or anytime after. He then goes off. Then I have a short conversation with Cute Girl # 2.

Cute Girl # 2: Why don't you go to Pulsar just nearby...or Myer?
Me: * sweetest smile * I've been there. It's more expensive.
CG # 2: *smiles* Really? By how much?
Me: About $ 10. * smiles *.
CG # 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Me: Thanks anyway.
CG # 2: Why don't you go to the front counter and leave your name and contact number and we'll call you when the new stock arrives.
Me: The front counter ? Alright. Thanks.
CG # 2: Not a problem. See ya.

I head on down to the main counter. I pass Cute Girl # 1 my card to get my bag. Then I tell her that I'd like to leave my details. She seemed a little confused at first. I saw that she's packing away a Discman or something. Then I tell her that I would like to reserve a copy of FFX. Then she says "Oh, right. Because we've sold out! *smiles*". I'll forgive her for her being confused because she's cute :รพ
She gets a little form for me to fill in and then I thank her and go on my way. She said "Not a problem". Ooh she's just so cute! : )
Other stores need people like her....cute and friendly. That's the way to go.

I was deciding to stop for lunch before going home. Was thinking of kebabs. Decided to head home. 2 reasons : - couldn't wait to test out my new game and also thought I should be keeping my expenses low. Besides, I had 1/2 an hour before my 2 hour ticket expires.

Came home played with my Cube for hours. Until past 10 pm. Turned it off when they bought roast chicken back from Safeway for dinner. Had some of it. Then had a Steven Seagal movie Marathon. Watched the remaining 3/4s of "Out To Kill" (I think - can't remember the title) and "The Glimmer Man". Ended about 2 am. And I've been online ever since.

It's 5.17 am now. I thought DT was supposed to go out to pick ML from the airport. Didn't hear the door slam so far. Maybe he overslept? Never mind. I'm supposed to be asleep and know nothing about it.

This is it for tonight......the sun should be rising soon.

No comments: