Thursday, June 13, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 177(Thursday, 13th June 2002)
Status: Week # 2
Days without PS2: 0 day(s)
Days without Cube: 4 day(s)
Listening to: Linkin Park - In The End
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The days just seem to fly by so quickly. I guess that's what happens when one has something to do.

Met up with KL yesterday. We made arrangements to meet online, the night before. We agreed that we would meet up for lunch. I was awakened early that morning around 3 am because of hunger. Got up to make some toast, might have had abit of gastric pains as well so I had to take some milk. DT was still awake at that time, watching DVDs. He'd just recently purchased the season # 5 of the X-Files tv series. His so-called collection. Cost him AUS $ 300 or so because it was imported Region 1 (USA version) discs. Since I was eating, I sat there and watched a couple of episodes with him as well. It must've been about 5 am when I went to sleep.

Surprisingly I was able to wake up early. Got ready and called KL to tell him I was on the way. We decided to have lunch at the food court at Collin's Street. It was the 2nd time I've been to the foodcourt but I have been to that place before, with PF the last time when she was looking for some shop. I had a large Burrito meal with an order of seasoned wedges. The beef burrito reminds me of the topping of A & W's Coney Dogs, while the seasoned wedges reminds me of the Mojos from Shakey's Pizza back home. Uh oh...what is going on? Am I getting homesick? Now that I think about it, I don't remember ever seeing a Shakey's or an A & W's here in Melbourne.

We went off to Toys R Us to collect my FFX game after lunch. What a pity, Cute Girl # 1 and # 2 were not there. KL had to stop at the Post Office to pay some bills. Followed him to Pulsar because he wanted to rent some PC games. Then he needed to buy some stuff from Coles. I followed him back and as soon as we got back to his apartment, it started raining! Stayed indoors for about 2 hours I suppose. Decided to go have dinner but had to wait for the rain to subside. We ended up at this Thai place called Chilli Cafe.
He had the Thai Fried Rice with chicken and I ordered Satay Chicken with Rice. OK, another reference to home. Satay...how I miss that. The drizzle had already stopped after dinner, it was time to go home.

Didn't get a chance to test out my new game until this morning after breakfast. Had to rush off to get ready for work anyway. Work was good, although I kept bumping into Will (attitude problem guy). I think he almost tripped over my shoes a couple of times. It's not my fault I have big feet made even bigger with clunky shoes! Another time, I think he bumped into me and accidentally got some ice cream on his hand. I heard the "tsk" sound from him, but I didn't bother. I don't think its just me who's got bad things to say about this kid. The others seem to complain about him as well.

I managed to get that female crew trainer's name right, the one who kept saying nice things about me. Her name IS Lisa. Had a little chat with her just before I started my shift. Actually it was just a couple of sentences. Couldn't stay on longer because customers were already forming queues. I also managed to serve Georgia today. She was at my counter with 2 of her friends, and she remembers my name... she even said " Hi Roy, remember me? I work here. " before she placed her order. It actually took me some time to actually recognize her, but I managed to get her name right so its all good :D

Dallas came on to work about quarter past 4 pm with another new girl I don't remember seeing before, Lauren. Another tall and blonde girl, also quite pretty. I bet there are envious guys there reading this now? :รพ

Managed to get my roster for next week, different time but I calculated and there hasn't been any extra working hours. It'll have to do I suppose.

18th June - 11.00 am - 2.00 pm, 2.30 pm - 4.30 pm
20th June - 4.30 pm - 7.30 pm (first time I've ever had to work this late in the evening)
21st June - 11.00 am - 2.30 pm, 3.00 pm - 5.00 pm

Looking at next week's roster just validates my thoughts earlier, which is how fast time passes. It's already middle of June. Already middle of the year. Where has all the time went?

I guess this is all for tonight. DT is having Java tuition outside. Guess I'll settle for some Star Wars: Galactic Battleground on the pc. Oh shit. Just remembered that DT took the discs back. Think I'll have to go upstairs to get them.

No comments: