Saturday, June 29, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 193 (Saturday, 29th June 2002)
Status: Week # 4
Days without PS2: 0 day(s)
Days without Cube: 0 day(s)
Listening to: Incubus - Are You In?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Incubus - Are You In?" has quite a catchy tune. Saw the video on tv the other day and I noted down the title of the song immediately. Downloaded it last night.

It was a FUCKING crazy day at work yesterday. Some of the staff told me that Fridays are usually the busiest days of the week. And it was proven yesterday, although for a different reason altogether. The place was packed because it was the last day of school before their holidays start. Some of the kids fucking messed up the place, leaving all their rubbish on the tables, benches and the floor of the play area.

I worked continuously for about 4 1/2 hours before I finally got my short break. The customers were just coming in non-stop. I think I handled the pressure considerably well since Mandy, ended up in tears, possibly due to her stressing herself out. This Mandy is a weird one. Heard from Ben that she's a good worker and I don't deny that. But it seems to me that she's got a mild case of "Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour" or something. She wipes the stainless steel doors and equipment and makes sure they are spotless with no smudges/fingerprints! It seems that she was recently hospitalized after blacking out at work at another branch, falling face first onto the floor, smashing her jaw and some teeth (I think). She's got stitches under her chin to prove it.

Before the school rush, guess who came into the store? YUP, Georgia Virtue. I was actually serving customers when she came in, then I saw her when she waved at me. Of course I waved back. The girl/lady she was with came over to my counter and I served her. Hrm, why didn't Georgia come over? Has she read my note yet? Why no email or messages from her yet? Why? Guess I won't find out the answers just yet. Shouldn't get too worked up over this either. Maybe she'll keep visiting me at the store :รพ

Got up early this morning, had a shower, then rushed out to the city. I thought I'd get my Timberland boots before they sold out. I think I should skip all the tiny details and just say that I managed to get my Timberland Yellowboot for about $ 210 after the 30% discount. I also bought a white collared Timberland shirt, and ended up buying a Jumpman (Michael Jordan/Nike) beanie from Foot Locker. It seemed to be big enough to fit my head, and it was $ 5 cheaper than the Nike store!

Stopped by HMV to have a look. Sales everywhere, it's so dangerous, I tell you. Almost ended buying 3 CDs for $ 45. I was just looking around and saw the old "All Saints" album that I have on tape back home. Also wanted to get Anastacia's first album and "The Lord of The Rings OST". I put the whole stack of CDs back. Just thought it wasn't something I needed. Guess I should save money when I can. Already spent $ 210 for the boots and about $ 62 for the shirt. Guess the $ 45 I save from not getting the CDs can be spent on other stuff, some other time.

I think I better post this up before the Net access goes haywire for whatever reason again. This is all for tonight. Feeling surprisingly sleepy and its only 11.03 pm. Maybe I need more sleep.

No comments: