Tuesday, June 04, 2002


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 170(Tuesday, 4th June 2002)
Status: Training Day # 2
Days without PS2: 6 day(s)
Days without Cube: 2 day(s)
Listening to: Andy Lau (feat. Kenny G - Nei Si Ngor Tik Lui Yan ( You Are My Woman )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRAINING DAY: EPISODE # 2

As promised, this is episode 2 of my training. I have about 45 minutes before WWE RAW starts so this could be a short update. Might as well since there's nothing much to complain about this time around.

Arrived about 30 minutes early today. Met Shannon and the rest in the kitchen area. He told me since I was early, I could grab something to eat or I could wait upstairs in the crew quarters (which is essentially a tiny cubicle with a table and 3 chairs, some cupboards, a tv and video player). I went up and saw J sleeping there and I must have awoken him. He proceeded to tell me he wanted to get 4 hours of studying done last night but couldn't because of incoming phone calls. Watched abit of the training video I was supposed to yesterday but couldn't cause of time constraints. After that, jumped straight into work. Had to clock in my working time and break times today. My employee number is # 136. Who wants to go buy Toto or 4D? :D *grins*

Was working for about 2 hours plus before Shannon allowed me and J to grab a small drink. Got myself a Big Mac Meal for lunch for only $ 3. Beat that.

Nothing unfortunate happened today. Except for the little Asian kid. I forgot to give him is Mac and he was waiting there looking up at me. I think he was afraid. Then I realised my mistake and handed it to him. I also actually charged him for a 20-piece nugget but thank god I managed to cancel that.

I also have a complaint about the damn Strawberry sundaes. They are just too fucking messy. One customer ordered one and I had the topping overflowing the sides of the cup. Not good. I replaced that for him. Later, I saw the one I made in the bin. I also made 2 McFlurries today. First one was bad as I almost destroyed the lid (because of the spinning spoon to stir up the ice-cream and toppings). Then Will (whom doesn't seem like a very pleasant boy) showed me to hold it with 2 hands and it worked like a charm the 2nd time. Still I think will has an attitude problem. Will have to keep an eye on him. Everyone else seems pretty nice, so that's all good.

I clocked off work around 4.30 pm. Spent some time chatting in the crew quarters before leaving. Checked with Shannon about my shift tomorrow as well. The owner was there helping out today. He's an old man, in his 60s I suppose. Owns the Kew and Hawthorn stores. Tony then came along to see what we were talking about. J told him I was doing well and very capable. Tony agreed. Shannon and the BOSS joked that I could be store manager. Now is that a compliment or what? Anyways, I won't have J's backup tomorrow, I'm on my own. I just read an article the other day about terms or acronyms used in a business environment. People hear it but don't know what it stands for. I remember one of them now which is YOYO, which means "You're on your own". How come the nicer chicks only work during the evening shift? I saw 2 of them but I didn't get to talk to them today. BUMMER!

Got home about 5 pm. Went to rest my aching feet again. Back was alright today. Maybe its becaused I worked less hours today.
I might have fell asleep. I can't be sure. Got up checked my email. 5 new messages today.

AL finally replied my mail after .... weeks (?) or months (?!?!). I'm so happy. Now I think that's over-dramatizing a little. Who's she to me anyway? :รพ She's just a nice friend. She says she's going to be free until August. I replied her mail and asked if she wants to meet up sometime. Will have to wait and see what happens.

The other 3 emails were jokes and one of them was a newsletter from an online games store. Check out www.burn.com.au if you're interested.

Perfect timing. It's 8.07 pm now. Planning to make that packet Rissotto I have in the cupboard. That would take about 10 - 15 minutes. Leaving about 8 minutes for it to cool and for me to get comfy for a tv dinner! :D

This is it - I guess will be off to bed early tonight but who knows.

No comments: