Monday, June 17, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 181(Monday, 17th June 2002)
Status: Week # 3
Days without PS2: 0 day(s)
Days without Cube: 8 day(s)
Listening to: Erick Sermon (feat. Marvin Gaye) - Music
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, this song above, really catchy. Not sure how old it is but it uses samples from an old song by Marvin Gaye. Managed to catch the video on STC the other day. Decided to download it along with a few other songs, both new and fairly recent. Here's a list of what I got:

- Erick Sermon (feat. Marvin Gaye) - Music
- Eric Clapton - Blue Eyes Blue
- Kylie Minogue - Love At First Sight
- Travis - Sing
- Incubus - Summer Love

Yup, I think that's it for now. Thanks to Brendon Leong who's supplied me with an IRC channel to download songs. In case you want to go download songs, try this channel on the Dalnet server, #mp3zcable

You want instructions? Damn I wish I had some when I started. It's been more than a year since I used IRC to download songs. I remember I used to use IRC to download songs back home. Here's what you have to do:

To search/locate a song, type:
@find "artist and/or - title"
@locate "artist and/or - title"

To start downloading, you'll get lots of PMs (Private messages) from all the people who have the song. So for example, Song_Freak sends you a pm which looks like this:

!Song_Freak Third Eye Blind - Deep Inside Of You.mp3

Sometimes you get extra information like, size of the song in Megabytes (MB) and etc. Get it? Good. All you have to do next is to paste everything from that ( ! ) up to the end of the file name (.mp3) into the main and just wait. How long you get served depends on something called a "queue". Yes, just like in real life. First come first serve (FCFS) or what we learnt in Financial Management, First In First Out (FIFO). This application is used at where I work too now.

Other than that, there's nothing much new to talk about. Nothing much happening except that there was a mild earthquake in Tasmania a few days ago. Yes there was. I didn't realise there were earthquakes in Australia.

Other groundbreaking news: Stone Cold Steve Austin of the WWE has been fired because he did not turn up for work last Tuesday night. It seems that he was not happy of what the writers of the show have planned for him. This is the 2nd time that he did this, previously was after Wrestlemania X8 when he took leave without the company's approval. Interesting. Also I read articles that he assaulted his wife, Debra. Not only that, a further article reported that he was already arrested and sentenced to 3 years in jail. Will have to wait and see what other news I can dig up. Or watch RAW tomorrow and see what's going on.

Got a letter from American Express today which came with an application for their new card called "Blue". Quite a nice little thing, transarent with some blue colour in the middle and it has a sim card on it. No annual card fee too. Interesting. Since its free...should I? Tempting, no? Will be tempted to spend too! Better not, I think.

I need to re-arrange my cupboard, its a mess. Might need to get some socks for work as well. I noticed holes in one pair, leaving about one other pair which is still in useable condition. The other one's I got here seem to be tearing at the heel. I guess they were meant to be worn with boots or something. It's also a little uncomfortable when wearing it with my leather shoes. Don't know why. Might reserve those for sleepwear now I suppose. Come to think of it, my shoes are starting to rip at the heel cushion too. It's served its purpose for about 2 - 3 years. Might be time to get new ones. Will see when I can afford a new pair of shoes with dual-functionality, for work and for going out. Hrmm...budgeting sucks! Maybe I'll wear this pair until the soles wear out or starts to drop off or something :รพ

I don't remember mentioning something about a sight I saw the other day. I was on the way to the city, I was somewhere near Flinders Street and there are some parks on the right side of the road. The grass was green, and there were yellow leaves all over the ground so it was like a sea yellow with patches of green here and there. Or should it be a sea of green with patches of yellow? Whatever. The wind was blowing, and leaves were flying about. It was a beautiful sight. Makes me regret for not having a camera with me at the time. Wish I had a digital camera. This site could do with some pictures as well, couldn't it? Like I said previously, donations are most welcome! :D

Nothing interesting on tv tonight I think. Might hit the sack early, got to work earlier than usual tomorrow. That means got to get up early. Ah, now I remember I have clothes in the dryer. Have to iron some clothes. My uniform. Urghh...

No comments: