Tuesday, June 18, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 182(Tuesday, 18th June 2002)
Status: Week # 3
Days without PS2: 1 day(s)
Days without Cube: 9 day(s)
Listening to: Anastacia - I Dreamed You
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know its required by law to have a break if you work more than 5 hours consecutively? Maybe at establishments such as my current workplace. Sure as hell never heard of it before. How did this come about? I had to go to work earlier than usual today. For the past 2 weeks, my shifts had always begun at 12 pm. Not today. I had to start at 11 am this morning. When it was time for my scheduled break, I asked Dora, what if I don't take a break. She started calculating then told me that it is required by law. I guess the breaks are there for a reason then. Spent about 15 minutes in the crew quarters watching "Chicago Hope" and drinking water.

I guess there's nothing much to talk about. It's more or less the same routine everyday now. Except for the fact that the boss came in to give a helping hand, and this other guy was there too. No idea who they were, but dressed in business shirts and helping out with assembling orders. New management perhaps?

OK, got the boring bits out of the way, save the best for last. Today, I'll be talking about Georgia again. *girns*

I actually told the other day's incident about the chocolate sundae to BL, a new friend/potential customer for some of my comic collection. He accused me of being a flirt! How could he? Here's what he said when I talked to him online:

BL: farker / bastard (it was either one, just don't know which)....you flirt!

But I think he meant it in a good way. So what interesting news have I got about Georgia to entertain all of you today?
Here's something for start, guess what her surname is? How did I find out? I was looking through the pay-slips, looking to see if my latest one was there. Also was looking out for Georgia's name. * Why am I so obsessed with this girl? * Then I found one slip with the name "Georgia" on it. I'm thinking its the same person. I think if I gave you an infinite number of guesses, you still won't be able to get it. So I'll save you the hassle. Her name is Georgia Virtue. Yes, I had that same expression on my face when I saw it * whatever look you have on your face now, frown of surprise etc.* Seriously people, would you have ever guessed there was such a surname? It sounds so....goody-two shoes? Virtue...Virtuous. Well, well, well. I just looked up www.dictionary.com and this is what I got from the word "virtue".

vir·tue Pronunciation Key (vûrchoo)
n.

- Moral excellence and righteousness; goodness.
- An example or kind of moral excellence: the virtue of patience.
- Chastity, especially in a woman.
- A particularly efficacious, good, or beneficial quality; advantage: a plan with the virtue of being practical.
- Effective force or power: believed in the virtue of prayer.
- virtues Christianity. The fifth of the nine orders of angels in medieval angelology.
- Obsolete. Manly courage; valor.

I had to finish my shift at 4.30 pm today. I was busy serving customers, I didn't notice her coming in. Sure didn't notice her going up to get changed and coming down for work. To be honest, I don't even know when she works. * I did however take a peek at this week's roster and she's supposed to work Monday - Wednesday. Damn it, today's the only day I get to see her this week. * I just realised something on why I am so obsessed with this girl. I think, she looks a little like a blonder Natalie Portman. Well, that's just a real generalisation. Don't take my word for it 100%.

So anyway, I only realised she was there when I finished serving my customers. I saw her coming up and she asked me what time I got off work. I said 4.30 pm. I don't know why, but I asked her some really stupid ( obvious, actually ) question like, " Does your shift start now? ". Here's how the conversation went:

GV: Hi * smiles *, what time do you finish?
Me: Hi * smiles and looks at wall clock *, I'm supposed to finish at 4.30 pm.
GV: Oh I see * smiles *. You're going off in awhile then. Alright, I'll back-you up.
Me: Yeah, I'm going off soon.

Now, the definition of "back-up" is helping out a fellow crew member by assembling an order. So why do I mention this? Because she didn't have to back me up. Because there were other registers opened. Because there was another girl there on duty.

So, the reasons because she's helping me:

a) She's nice ( her surname is Virtue, remember? *winks* )

b) I'm new, she thought that I needed help ( OK, this one's a long shot. Even the owner told me to get rid of my "Hi, I'm training" name tag today. He said " You're way past that ". How's that for a morale booster, eh? Getting praised by the Boss himself.)

c) She likes me? ( * hahahaha * this one's another long shot. But then again, add 1 + 1 and what do you get? Remember the chocolate sundae? :þ Let me dream, I don't want to wake up yet.)

So anyway, after that, more people started coming in, she had to handle her own counter. Shannon shouted out at me from the dining area and pointing to his watch, reminding me that my shift was over. OK, time to go. Went up, got changed, came back downstairs. Had an early dinner again. Today, I ordered a Tandoori Chicken burger with extra sauce, a cheeseburger, a large coke and a chocolate super sundae again. I just had to find out if she would give me extra chocolate. I just had to!

Conclusion? Yes, there seemed to be alot of chocolate, but not as much as the other day. Bummer. Could it be that Justine was the one who made the sundae, or maybe she reminded Georgia not to put too much chocolate.

Who's Justine? I don't know if I mentioned her the other day. I met her one day in the crew quarters. She was sitting on the chair, having a rest or something. I was rushing that day so I didn't get to chat with her. But she had this to say to me:

Justine: I heard that you're doing really well.

I was surprised the other day why and how she heard about it. I thought she was just a normal crew staff. Today, I saw her again, in uniform. No wonder she heard so much about me. She had a name tag that read " Shift Manager ". When I was placing my order, she came up next to Georgia and spoke to me.

Justine: Hi Roy, when are working again?
Me: Ooh...* thinking hard *... Thursday.
Justine: Oh, that means I won't be able to see you tomorrow. ( ehh?? )
Me: Yeah, I actually asked for more shifts. Applied for a full time job but got part time instead.
Justine" Is that so? Hrm, well, if we get any unwanted shifts, I'll give you a call.
Me: Great. Thanks * smiles *
Georgia: Roy, go have a seat, I'll bring you your tandoori burger in awhile.
Me: Sure, thanks * smiles *

So, I took my drink, sundae and cheeseburger, got myself a seat, finished my burger, had half of my sundae and drink while watching Georgia at work.* Damn it, I'm turning into some perverted stalker. Did I mention that I saw a packet of Ribena in her bag while I was there in the changing room? She likes Ribena. Shit, I AM turning into a stalker! *. Anyway, Georgia personally brought me the tandoori burger with a big smile. She has a beautiful smile. Yes, she does.

Well, after dinner, came home. Here I am. That was 3 - 4 hours ago.

Oh, how could I forget. It's ML's birthday today! DT told me just now when I was out in the hall. Wanted to watch WWE RAW but DT is having tuition. Some last minute revision for tomorrow's paper I supposed. Managed to tape it. Might watch it later or something.Didn't know he had tuition tonight. Just when I sat down to get comfy on the couch. He asked me how come I slept early last night. I planned to sleep early last night but I just couldn't. I heard DT shouting to KA and KE to tell them its time to cut the cake. I actually heard them arguing over who should come and check if I was still awake. They gave up in the end becase they thought I was sleeping. KE just told them that I had to work today, that's why I'm off to bed early. Unknown to them, I was awake and heard almost every sentence they said. I heard them, damn they talk loud. But I pretended to be asleep, since my lights were off anyway. No reason for me to wake up and go cut a cake with them when I was supposed to be asleep, is there?

What else is new, BY is coming next month. Sudden news indeed. He's going to Deaking Uni. Guess I'll be seeing more of him next month onwards then.

Urghh...bored. Wasn't it better if I just kept talking about Georgia? * winks * I think this is all for tonight. Hope you've enjoyed reading :D

No comments: