Tuesday, June 11, 2002


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 177(Tuesday, 11th June 2002)
Status: Week # 2
Days without PS2: 2 day(s)
Days without Cube: 2 day(s)
Listening to: The Superman Lovers - Starlight
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here I am again, just as I promised. Now, what do I have to talk about today. It's my 2nd week of work. It's all good I think. Today, I packed all my stuff into my duffel bag, like I was going to the gym. In fact, this was the same bag I used to lug with me when I went to the gym back home. I don't know why I decided to bring my uniform and shoes in my bag and get changed there. Maybe wearing casuals while travelling to work was more comfortable. Well, not maybe, but definitely was.

Let's rewind abit back to this morning. I was having my breakfast before my shower, watching abit of "Melrose Place" on tv, when I got a call. I thought it was from someone at work. A number was flashing but I had no idea who it was. So much for caller ID. I answered and it was a girl at the other end with a chirpy voice. So early in the morning and so chirpy! I then found out that it was Marie from Toys R Us and she told me that my reserved copy of Final Fantasy X has arrived. Oh. YAY.

Regular readers will have known that I actually wanted to get this game some time back but I didn't. It's not that I didn't want it but it was because I postponed the purchase of the game, especially since I bought the GameCube with games. Now, some of you might even recall that when I went to get Super Smash Brothers Melee at the end of May, I discovered that FFX was sold out. If you don't remember, lemme refresh your memory by just mentioning this, Cute Girl # 1 and Cute Girl # 2. Does that ring a bell? Well it doesn't matter if you recall or not. The point I was trying to make is that it sold out because it was $ 10 cheaper than all other stores. This is a good reason to get it, isn't it?

Anyway, I asked Marie how long will she be able to keep it for me and she said "until you come pick it up." So I told her I'll be there tomorrow to get it and Marie offered to keep it until Friday "in case you can't pick it up tomorrow." Now, it wouldn't be nice to order something I don't collect, now would it? Besides, I might get to see Cute Girl # 1 and # 2 again tomorrow. Made plans to meet KL for lunch around 1 pm. Then we'll be going to Toys R Us together. YAY!

OK, now fast forward back to when I was at work. Met a couple of new colleagues today. There was a girl, I think her name was Lisa and she's a crew trainer. She was helping me get used to my work. I'm sorry I forgot her name because she said so many nice things about me (my job performance actually) to Tony. She said that I do things that some people who've been working for 6 months don't do. I was helping her clean up the mess she made at the sundae counter where she spilt hot chocolate fudge. She said that I even do things better than Will (attitude problem guy). Tony then mentioned that I even do things better than Dora (the female manager).

Then I also met Grace, the only other Asian thus far. Managed to talk to her during my break and found out she was Korean. She's still in high school, Year 10 if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, she was pretty helpful. Helping me to get stuff like cup lids and filling up french fry packets when I needed it. It's only natural that I help her in return right? Which I did of course.

Before I clocked off for the day, this blonde chick comes up to me and says hi. I got her name, which was Georgia. Managed to shake her hand. Pretty blonde girl. Too bad I couldn't stay to chat. :รพ Some other time I guess.

Went upstairs to the crew quarters, got changed, searched through a stack of payslips. Didn't see mine, Shannon came up, talked to him abit. He told me the latest ones were on top. I said I couldn't find mine, he said something I couldn't hear. I looked again and I found my payslip! And what's this? I'm not paid for the first day of training?! Went down again after getting changed and putting on my shoes. I saw Lisa at the counter talking to Tony, I did some hand signals pointing at Tony and she said it was alright, I could go talk to him. I asked him about not getting paid on the first Monday I was there, he told me to see Shannon who was in the office. Fine. Talked to Shannon, he made a note and said it will be on the next pay-slip. Everything settled. Stopped by Coles to get a deodorant spray then went off home. Saw Grace (the Korean girl) in the tram towards the end of the trip, then saw her at the Cotham Road stop. She said she stays nearby as well. Said I'll see her some other time and off I went. Reached home for some rest. Had dinner around 8.15 pm. Watched RAW, didn't watch "Felicity" this week again.

And, finally here I am again, keeping my promise. Since we're talking about promises, I might as well tell you now. I won't make promises unless I am sure that I won't break them. So there.

I think this is enough for tonight. More to come, as they come.

No comments: