Friday, June 28, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 193 (Saturday, 29th June 2002)
Status: Week # 4
Days without PS2: 0 day(s)
Days without Cube: 0 day(s)
Listening to: City High - What Would You Do
--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was my last day at Hawthorn yesterday (Tuesday). The first few people I saw at work when I got there were Tony and Dora. Both of them said that I shouldn't leave and I should carry on there. I told Tony that if he could give me a full time job, I'd stay. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be getting less work hours there.

Later on, a few of the others found out that I would be transferring to Kew. Here were some of their reactions and responses:

Justine - "No, you can't go. I won't allow you to go."

Lisa - *eyes becomes bigger with surprise/shock* "No! Don't go, I'm going to miss you."

After my shift, Lisa was in the crew quarters training this new girl. I went into the changing room to get changed and when I was done, I was just standing in the door way for awhile because Lisa seemed busy. After that, she saw me, said that she was going to miss me. Then she said "Come here" and proceeded to give me a hug, which kind of surprised me. Still it was nice to know that I would be missed.

I got my dinner, then passed the card that I got to Justine in the office. She said she would put it up for everyone to see. She seemed a bit touched when I gave her the card, saying it was "so nice" of me. I also left the letter for Georgia. I don't know if she got it or read it yet. More on her later.

I left my shoes at the shoe repair shop,just opposite Macca's, yesterday after work. The guy at the store (who turns out to be a regular at Macca's I've seen many times) told me I could fix up the heel cushion by putting a piece of leather and stitching it up. I asked how long it would take and he said I could collect it today. He said it was going to cost $ 26. I told him I'll leave it there and needed it before Thursday. I guess its better than paying for a new pair of shoes at the moment.

I went totally crazy today. Was out on a shopping spree! I decided to go to the city to claim some money from Medibank. About $ 105.20 back from the claims. I also felt like having the Beef Burrito's at the Collin's Street food court today. Stopped by at Minotaur to have a look at the comics and action figures there. Seems that "Spider-Man" is on the cover of most of the latest movie related magazines.

After that, I made the big mistake of going window shopping again. I told you it was EVIL. Stopped at Pulsar and saw that they had 3 copies of Super Monkey Ball for the Cube left. And there was a sticker that said $10 off for cash purchase. I noticed that some of the games there were on discount, like "Spider-Man: The Movie" and "Batman: Vengeance" had "$ 15 off" stickers on them. There were some with "$ 10" and "$ 20" off stickers. Looked around and saw that some of the older PS2 games are much cheaper now. Was tempted to get "Maximo" which is about $ 70 - $ 79 now.

Thinking about how good the reviews for "Super Monkey Ball" were, I thought I could go to Toys R Us, get them to do a price match and use my $ 10 discount voucher (3 left) to get it for $ 78! Unfortunately, they have sold out and told me that they could try calling the other stores and asking them to transfer a copy over if they had it. The price match would only be done if and when they have the item on sale, and if the other stores have it in stock as well, without any discount prices. At first I asked the girl to place an order for me, but changed my mind at the last minute. I asked her if it was too much trouble, but she said it was alright. I thanked her and left. Oh, Cute Girl # 1 and # 2 were not there AGAIN. Ended up buying a 2nd Gamecube controller for about $50, which is $10 off the original price.

Went to Daimaru to see if I could get the Timberland wallet cheap. There were "30% off" posters everywhere. Alot of the stock have been sold or transported elsewhere. Some of the shelves and counters are empty. And when I got to the Timberland section, I was told that they had sold out of the wallets. What timing!

Next stop, Myer. Went to the games section and all software were 15% off! I looked around for "Super Monkey Ball" but couldn't find it. Asked one of the sales staff and he checked and then returned to tell me they had sold out as well! I spotted the copy of "Tekken Tag Tournament" which I've been eyeing for a very very long time. The reason I wanted it was that it comes in the original cover and not the shitty "Platinum" range they have now with the platinum coloured borders. It was also at "Platinum" price of $ 49.95 and with an additional 15% off! Got that as well. Went downstairs to get $ 5 worth of "mixed Bhuja" which is like kacang putih. The girl, whom I've seen before, Linda (saw her name tag,quite a cute Asian girl with slightly dark skin, Indonesian maybe) asked me if I was going to take it overseas and I thought it was an odd question. The conversation went like this:

Me: Can I have $ 5 worth of the "mixed Bhuja" please.
Linda: $ 5? Sure. Are you taking this overseas.
Me: *surprised* Erm, why? Can't I take it overseas?
Linda: Oh no, I was just asking so I know if I need to seal it.
Me: *smiles* No, no, I'm not taking it overseas.

I paid her the $ 5 and left. $ 5-worth is a hell alot of "Bhuja". Don't even know what the hell it means but I know it tastes nice because I've bought it before. The bag is about 1/2 the length of a standard-sized keyboard now. Let's see, its got murukku, peas, nuts, raisins, some sort of seed, some sticks that look like "Double Decker Prawn Crackers" but they're sweet. Spiced. Nice :D

Had to go back to Pulsar now to get "Super Monkey Ball". When I got there, there were still 3 left. Took one to the counter and asked what does the sticker mean, and if I would still get $ 10 off if I paid by EFTPOS. He said it was fine and I asked if he had a new one. It seems those were the only 3 left.

So at the end of the day, had to rush home to collect my shoes before 5.30 pm when they close. Got homed, tested the demo of "Timesplitters 2" which I received today, won from a little giveaway. Tested out a few rounds of "Tekken Tag Tournament" as well. Before I knew it, 1 hour was up and I had to go out. I haven't even tried out "Super Monkey Ball" yet!

Made a call to the shop to let them know I was on the way. As I was walking to the shop, going past Macca's, I saw that Jezza, Lisa and Georgia along with some other people there. I was wondering if she had already gotten my "note". After picking up my shoes, I went to have my dinner, thought I would play my little "game" with Georgia again. But then, she was leaving for her break! I ordered from this other girl I don't know and waited. While waiting for my meal, Lisa came down and didn't notice me. After I called out to her, she sat down with me and we had a chat. It must've been about 1/2 an hour and she said she had to leave after that. While chatting with Lisa, I saw Georgia buy an ice-cream cone. She saw me and waved then left. I thought she was leaving for a break, turns out I was wrong. She must've finished her shift and was on her way home. I didn't get to talk to her today. Too bad. I can't go online now to see if she mailed or left me an ICQ message, and there has been no calls from her yet. Hrmmmmm.

Anyway, tried out "Super Monkey Ball" when I got home.

So anyway, the total "DAMAGE" done today:

a) Gamecube controller - $ 49.82
b) Tekken Tag Tournament - $ 42.46
c) Super Monkey Ball - $ 88.00

Total - $ 180.28

Damn, what the hell is wrong with me and all this spending? I have to try to limit myself.

I guess I should stop here. Can't upload all this until I have net access again. According to DT, we've exceeded the monthly usage and I don't know why he disabled the network connections. Damn it. Early to bed tonight, need to be up early for work tomorrow morning.

No comments: