Wednesday, May 08, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 143 (Wednesday, 8th May 2002)
Status: On call
Days without PS2: 2 days
Listening to: Ja Rule - Livin' It Up
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been a few days since the last update. Guess I have quite abit to write this time around.

Was supposed to meet PF on Sunday but we finally met up on Monday evening. She wanted to go to the Disney Store to get a Pooh but by the time she got to the Flinders Street station. It was too late. We decided to head off for dinner. We asked around for the tram that goes direct to South Yarra but took a train in the end. Had dinner at TGIF's. Had a Margarita Fajita Combo while she had a Jack Daniel's Ribs. She wasn't feeling well so we had to cancel plans for the movie.

She stayed over at my place for the night. She bought me breakfast and then I took her to get her tram ticket. Planning to meet again on Thursday ( that's tomorrow ... hrm ). Possible catching a movie this time around. Went to get some groceries from Safeway on the way home.

Relatives left for the airport after dinner last night. DT asked me if I've seen "The Scorpion King" yet. He wants to go watch a movie one of these days. He says we've been missing alot of movies. Well, I don't mind watching. Will have to see how it goes and budget accordingly later. All of them wanted to send them off to the airport. There was obviously no space left in the car. M wanted to go as well so I suppose 4 of them squeezed into the back seat. I had the whole house to myself, watched WWF RAW. Nothing much to talk about. Had to sleep early because was supposed to be up early to go see Lily.

Yes, Lily's office called again to remind me that I still owe them about $ 975 in fees. As if I could forget?! Made an appointment to see her or her father this morning at 11.30 a.m. and had to go withdraw the money before that. Got some plastic bags for coin deposit. What the hell? Only 25 x $ 2 coins allowed per bag? And 20 x $ 1 coins? How many will I be needing? I think I'll have to make a couple of trips to the bank then.

Anyway, the father seems to be more relaxed. I told him I had $ 975 in the envelope and he didn't even count. I could've just taken a couple of $ 100 bills out and he wouldn't have known. Well of course he would know if he counted it after. What I'm trying to point out is that Lily took out all the money and started counting all $ 2500 of it in front of me, while the father seemed to take my word for it. He seemed like a nice old man, pretty friendly and I assume pretty educated as well since he used to run a migration agency in Sydney.

Was supposed to meet ML and DT for lunch. ML made arrangements and said she would call me when she was in the city to meet for lunch. I didn't have breakfast so I SMSed her and said I won't be joining them for lunch because I was hungry and was going to get something to eat. Headed off to Melbourne Central foodcourt for lamb kebab. Must remember not to mix hummous and BBQ sauce. They don't mix~ BBQ with lamb is good enough. Need to stop getting onions with it too. Ughh... too much onions = bad breath.

Went on to Myer again after that. What else but to look at games again. CDs still on SALE. ONLY $ 20 for new albums. Was at Myer for about 30 minutes, an hour max. Went down, decided to go to Toys R Us, which is just across the street. Stopped by at the Ground Floor of Myer and saw many people buying nuts. Yes - they sell the different kinds of nuts by weight. I saw some honey roasted and lots of other stuff. I saw a really pretty girl serving too. She didn't look very happy. She wasn't smiling at all.
I waited and waited...decided to get some as well. I didn't want anyone else to serve me. I wanted Linda. Yes...that's what was printed on her name tag. "LINDA". An old lady asked me if I wanted anything and I just pointed to the lady beside me waiting to get her nuts. Then, Linda was free and I approaced the counter. I gave her my most dazzling smile and she smiled back. How nice, I made her day~ *hahahaha* I got $ 5 worth of sesame coated peanuts, paid her then left.

*Mental note: Do not get $ 5 worth of nuts anymore. $ 5 is alot. *

Crossed the street and went down to the Lower Ground Floor of Melbourne Central. Took a look at the new Star Wars:Episode 2 Lego and action figures as well as the Spider-man ones. Didn't notice any Spider-man Lego though. I thought I've seen them before?
Checked out the other action figure aisles then headed off to the Video Games section (of course). Played the X-box awhile then finally, I picked up the pre-sell ticket for the GameCube and took it to the counter. The petite sales assistant smiled as she went pass and I was served by the human teddy bear. I asked him some questions. His math isn't good. $ 429 - $ 50 = $ 389? I don't think so! Wrong answer, buddy. Anyway, I corrected him and then asked some other questions. I paid him the $ 50 deposit and got my free demo CD. Mr Teddy Bear took my details and I asked him " Don't I get to choose what colour I want? ". He said not to worry, we'll get to choose the colour on the day. There'll be enough. I hope you're right, buddy, or there will be hell to pay! I want a BLACK GameCube. Not Purple. BLACK!

YES - your eyes do not deceive you. I have pre-ordered the GameCube! It will be mine in about 9 days! The countdown I've been doing has more meaning now.

Countdown (according to www.nintendo.com.au) - 8 days 3 hours 40 mins 55 secs to GameCube's Australian Launch.

As I was saying, you have all been saved. All of you who complained that I talked about the Cube too much, REJOICE! The heavens are smiling upon you. You won't hear me talking about the Cube like a bloody lunatic from now on.
Well - maybe about how good the games are and stuff like that. But this I can promise, I'll be talking about the Cube from a different perspective now. No more "Should I get it?" or "What colour should I get?" or "Which package should I get?".

The only thing that worries me now is will I regret buying the console. That's all that worries me - I hope its money worth spending.
Time to deposit coins one of these days.

I took the tram home. Saw 2 people getting fined for not having tickets. Thank god I validated mine when I got on. I wonder what the hell is going on? Did the organization just announce some sort of commission for the number of people fined when caught or have they implemented some daily/weekly/monthly quota to fulfill?

As I reached home, wanted to check the mailbox and I see DT and ML pulling up in the car. I didn't know he was driving out. Still anyway. Came online, checked email. Jie Jie AL has "throat infection which has resulted in a swollen lymph node".

"Ohmygod", I thought when I read it. Sounds serious but - "it's not as serious as it sounds though. taking antibiotics so it should clear up soon." Jie, hope you get well soon! : )

Tested my new demo CD. Nothing much to shout about. Some pictures and videos of the games coming soon. Some technical specifications of the Cube. The only thing worth mentioning is the size of the disc. It's so small! It's about 3 inches in diameter. That's how small Cube games are going to be! What?! You're not excited at all? Bah... you're all non-video game fanatics anyway.

The next couple of weeks is going to be damned exciting.

16th May - Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones ( I've seen some trailers and it looks good - lots of light sabre battles. Heard that it might be the best Star Wars EVER too), and then ....

17th May - Final Fantasy X, GameCube + Luigi's Mansion + Rogue Leader 2.

31st May - Super Smash Brothers Melee

Expensive but exciting nevertheless.

This is it for tonight. I'm so excited I might not be able to sleep~ What the hell is wrong with me? Don't get the Cube and I lose sleep. Getting the Cube and I might lose sleep.

Well - come on 17th May! I can't wait and....

" May The Force Be With You "

No comments: