Wednesday, May 01, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 136 (Wednesday, 1st May 2002)
Status: On call
Days without PS2: 24 days (estimated)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to pay Lily $ 2500 today. She said she would get her girls to submit the application this week. The secretary that works there looks nice. Long slim legs. And she's tall as well. Her name is Merrielle. Well, its pronounced like that but I'm unsure of the spelling. Anyway, Lily gave me her company account and said I could transfer the balance of the payment to her.

Rejoice dear readers. You need not hear me talk about the Jamiroquai CD anymore because I bought it today. Spent about half an hour or more in the music section at Myer before I finally decided to buy it. Listened to some other CDs as well, the lastest Autum Hits 2002, which had some songs I like but have on MP3.

************************************************************
Things To Get:

1) Nintendo GameCube
- Resident Evil
- Super Smash Brothers Melee
- Star Wars: Rogue Leader (maybe)
- WWF Wrestlemania X8 (maybe)
2) Final Fantasy X for PS2
3) New fragrance ( I have considered Davidoff "Cool Water" and Hugo "Dark Blue" before )
4) New wallet (possibly the Timberland Tri-fold wallet at Daimaru)
5) All Saints CD (can't remember the title - but its their last one with Pure Shores and Black Coffee)
6) $ 150 from DT

************************************************************
Spent sometime with the demo units of GameCube and Xbox at Myer as well. Also tried the demo of Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2. Maybe I'm not used to the game because I didn't know how to execute any of the combo moves for the character I was using. It was quite slow as well. Don't think I'll be getting that.

I was thisclose to putting down the $ 50 deposit for a GameCube at Toys R Us today. Seriously, if you were me, I'm sure you would be tempted as well. There are 2 bundles on offer. Here's what you would get:

$ 529 Bundle
- GameCube with controller
- Extra controller
- Memory card
- Luigi's Mansion
- WaveRace
- Prima Strategy Guide for Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros, Melee, Pikmin and WaveRace (I think)
- 5 x $10 GameCube game vouchers

And the other bundle:

$ 429 Bundle
- GameCube with controller
- Memory card
- Luigi's Mansion
- Prima Strategy Guide for Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros, Melee, Pikmin and WaveRace (I think)
- 5 x $10 GameCube game vouchers

I was standing there for about an hour doing mental calculations in my head thinking which would be a better deal. I'm considering the $ 429 bundle. Suppose I got the $ 429 bundle, I'd have to get a 2nd controller which costs about $ 60, making it $ 489. Suppose I get an extra game (that I actually want) with that with a $10 discount, it would come up to a total of $ 579. Which is $ 50 more than the $ 529 bundle. So why don't I get the $ 529 bundle and save that $ 50, you ask? The reason is simple....who the hell would wanna play a jet-ski racing game? Screw the "most realistic water effects" and shit like that. Bottom line is, its not something I would want and besides, I'm not really into racing games. Jet-ski racing? What were they thinking?!

The way I see it, get the $ 429 bundle, get a 2nd controller and get Star Wars: Rogue Leader which totals $ 579. I've played the demo of Rogue Leader many times and its quite fun. I haven't seen the rest of the graphics since its only a demo but pictures I've seen look fantastic. Tried more of Luigi's Mansion today. It could be fun, but I heard its short. But if it comes with the bundle at a discount price, no harm there is there?

OK, enough of the math lesson. I'm sure all of you would be sick of hearing the word "GAMECUBE" by now. I know at least one person has. She asked me where to post comments, she said I mentioned it too much. I think there are a few ways to save all of you from this torture.
1) Someone kind enough to donate one to me. E-mail me for more details
2) Someone kindly offers to pay a certain percentage of the Cube
3) I get myself a GameCube

Damn it, just downloaded 2 different CD-rippers and both don't work! What the hell has happened to AudioCatalyst? It says that each time I start the software, a different track will be available to be selected. And what's this? The old trial version enabled about 5 tracks which we could rip and we can only rip ONE measly track now?! What the .... ?!?! My mood is kinda gone cause of the damn CD rippers. Guess I'll have to play the CD the next time I wanna listen to my favourites from "A Funk Odyssey".

You want more complains? I think I've been cheated by the company that makes Pringles. I just bought two 200 gm cans the other day, Cheese & Onion and Sour Cream & Onion. Finished the first one. This pack of Sour Cream & Onion isn't tasty! It doesn't taste like Sour Cream & Onion.It tastes like Original Pringles! Cheaters! Damn you! That's it! I actually told myself I would stop buying junk to budget. Next week! No more potato chips!! Maybe once in awhile ... that's acceptable.... isn't it?

So I think I'll stop here for tonight. Will I just shut the hell up about a GameCube in the next entry? Will I get a GameCube the next time you read the latest entry? Stay tuned then!


No comments: