Thursday, May 16, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 151(Thursday, 16th May 2002)
Status: On call (I have a feeling I won’t be working at Shakrahari anymore)
Days without PS2: 0 days
Listening to: John Williams – Superman: The Movie Theme
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That theme to Superman: The Movie is really catchy. That movie came out ages ago, early 1980s if I recall. I loved the music then, I still love it now.

2.03 pm. It’s raining outside now. Nice…no PERFECT weather for sleeping. Just perfect. What the hell am I doing here? Typing out my blog in MS-WORD. Yes, of course. The Internet connection has been cut since last night. No bloody idea why.

Went out to get my groceries earlier this morning around 11 am. I realized last night that I have no bread and was running out of food. I got Kellogg’s Chocolate Pop-Tarts. Always wanted to try it but never did because we didn’t have a toaster. Now we do because the girls bought one yesterday. Almost got 2 big packs of M&M’s (one plain, one nut) but then I thought I shouldn’t. They were about $ 5 each. Good thing I didn’t because the total came up to about $ 35 today.

Went to Malvern Shopping Centre with the cousins yesterday. They wanted to get a bookshelf. I was at Target, at the videogames section (OF COURSE). Thought I read in the SONY forums that Final Fantasy X is already out. This is TARGET we’re talking about. Fat chance of them having a new game out so fast. Still, the selection’s pretty good compared to say, Target Melbourne. Tested out the GameCube demo unit again. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I’m getting it tomorrow! (I called Toys R Us earlier and they said they open at 9am. I’ve already have my alarm set.)

Anyway, we had to pick-up the shelf from the pick-up bay. The entrance to the area was closed due to road works. We spent about 10 – 15 minutes driving around in circles to look for an alternative entrance. After that, DT wanted to stop off at a store that sells CDs and DVDs. Parked the car and walked a few metres away. We were looking around and the girls went out to check out the other stores. DT got a call and he rushed out. I followed him. Saw him standing beside the car, face as black as … well. It was obvious he didn’t look happy. Yes, he was slapped with a $ 100 parking offence. We didn’t notice the sign that says parking only allowed from 9.00 am – 4.30 pm. Curses and complaints throughout the drive home. Talks of watching Star Wars: Episode 2 – Attack of the Clones obviously wasn’t going to happen. Oh well, this weekend perhaps.

Was online for a couple of hours until about 10 pm when the Net connection was cut off. They decided to go out to rent more movies. I didn’t feel like going. Watched the last 10 minutes or so of “Angel” which is a spin-off of “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”. Saw Angel getting his ass whooped by Faith (another slayer). Watched abit of “Crash Palace” after that and the Net was still down. I talk about the Net as though as my life depended on it. DT decided to watch “D-tox”, one of the movies he just rented starring Sylvester Stallone, from the makers of “I Know What You Did Last Summer”. It was one of those serial killer movies that tries to make viewers guess who the real killer is by introducing suspicious looking characters. It was based in a detox centre (hence the title) that was run by a cop for cops. Stallone was playing a FBI agent who resorted to drinking and almost killed himself because he couldn’t catch the killer who killed 9 cops before finally killing his girlfriend. Nothing really worth mentioning about it. There were so many characters that I lost track of their names. Save your money people. There are better movies I’m sure. This IS a Stallone movie but it lacks action, suspense, thrills and everything else. JUST STAY AWAY IF POSSIBLE. Watch it only if you really have nothing else to do.

Waiting to watch “Training Day” starring Denzel Washington (for which he won the Best Actor Oscar) and Ethan Hawke, which they rented as well. Maybe later in the evening.

Spent the next few hours playing PS2 games. Actually, I think it was almost 4 hours of games cause I slept around 4.30 am, when my eye-lids were getting heavy.

I was playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica X, a game I’ve neglected for quite some time now. I was low on ammo, low on health sprays/green herbs and walking around with a bloody limp because Claire Redfield (the character) is injured. I’m stuck at this Arctic Base. The few hours I spent on it equipped me with knowledge of what to do the next time I play it. I was stuck here for sometime. Why? Other than the above mentioned reasons of the lack of ammunition for my weapons and health sprays/green herbs, I didn’t realize there was another switch in the damn Generator Room! I don’t know how I completely missed it the last time around.
There’s also that damn corridor with some corpses mummified in some web-like cocoon. I don’t know if that’s from the giant spiders or the fucking giant moths flying around in the corridor. They spray poison mist from their ass which decreases your health (DUH!). That’s not much of a problem if you stay away from their poisonous farts. The main problem is they attach themselves to your back and lay some sort of eggs there. After a few seconds, the eggs hatch and something digs into your flesh and poison you. Blue herbs (to cure poison) is really scarce. There is an unlimited supply growing but, yup, its in that fucking corridor with the moths. Why don’t I kill the moths? I did and I do but the fucking buggers RESPAWN EVERY TIME I enter that area. It’s a waste of precious handgun bullets as well. Where the hell do the damn moths come from?

I had a scare playing that game last night. I’m serious. Well – not that I pissed in my pants but it sort of made me jump. After I managed to get the power generator running, I went back to the study where there was a book case with a switch that needed power to activate. Finally managed to see what was behind that bookcase. First thought was a hidden elevator. Wrong. I was treated to a little video of a mutant thing which was tied up like it was some mental asylum. It was pale and bandaged. The eyes were covered as well but you see blood on its face, like its eyes were bleeding. His name is Nosferatu. Read about him in one of the worker’s journals I found in the employee quarters.

The second time I entered that room (I thought I forgot to pick something up), the fucking monster gave out a moan that got me off guard. Shit…damn that fucking Nosferatu. At the end, I was killed by him. He was one of the bosses I’ve had to fight. He somehow manages to escape after me and Steve (another character) drill through the base wall with a drilling-tractor thinggie. During the video before I face him, we see his chest rip open to reveal a purplish coloured heart. I managed to pick up a sniper rifle when that faggot Alexander/Alexandria shows up when I’m trying to escape. (S)he was shot by Steve during that face off and falls into the chasm. I don’t think that’s the last we see of that he/she weirdo. Anyway, I tried aiming for the heart of Nosferatu during the boss fight but, I was low on health and he somehow grew some sort of tentacles from his back that just whack the shit out of me. Steve is hanging on the steel bar and is unable to help. We’re on some heli-pad trying to escape and he was knocked over the side while trying to protect me.

I tried to aim for the heart but this sniper part of RE:CVX sucks. It’s so slow and the cross hair is like some squiggly wave. It’s hard to get a good shot at the heart. In the end, after 2 swipes of the tentacle on Nosferatu’s back, I was sent flying off the heli-pad to my death below. The screen “You Died” came up. Well, no shit Sherlock! Don’t need a genius to figure it out. I tell you, the subtitles/translations crack me up sometimes. Why “You Died”? It’s pretty obvious. Why not just “Game Over”. Even “You Were Killed” sounds better, don’t you think? Can’t wait to see what stuff they put in Resident Evil for the GameCube. Can’t wait for September. It’s just about 3 and a half months away!

Spent the next hour or so playing WWF Smackdown before going to bed. No puzzles needed for this game, no brain juices required to solve puzzles ( some games DO require thinking, even if its just using common sense, how about that, all you anti-gamers? :P ). WWF Smackdown is just good fun, kicking the shit out of someone else. I increased the difficulty from Normal to Hard. Opponents seem to move faster and seem to be able to counter more this time. It should be more of a challenge the next time I play.
I just realized I mentioned in a couple of posts ago that I shouldn’t update my journal in the day. There’s still half a day for things to happen. In fact, this wasn’t the topic of my post in the first place! I was planning to talk about a little chat I had with PF the other day about dogs/puppies. Instead, I end up talking about my games. I guess I’ll save that for another day *winks*.

Tomorrow, I’ll be up nice and early, take the tram down to the city and get my GameCube. The wait is over. Next, its just waiting for the games I want.


No comments: