Friday, May 24, 2002

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 159(Friday, 24th May 2002)
Status: Neither here nor there
Days without PS2: 6 days
Listening to: Utada Hikaru - Hikari
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been some time since my last update. I've been spending a fair amount of time with my new purchases. Been sleeping early sometimes as well. These attribute to the lack of updates lately. I apologise. Did all of you miss me? :þ

Been looking through some of my older posts and I realise that some of them are fcuking long. I've put in stuff which are not important and some of it isn't even interesting to you readers out there. I'll try to generalise my posts in future so that all of you understand what the f... I'm talking about.

Yes - I'm listening to a Japanese song and No, I have no idea what's being sung. I got to know about this song on the PS forums where I frequent and someone mentioned that its the soundtrack of a RPG (Role Playing Game) called Kingdom Hearts which features Square (Final Fantasy characters) and Disney characters. Yes, I said Disney. I've seen pictures of Goofy and Donald Duck and I've heard of other characters such as Tarzan and who knows what else.

Went to see Dr. Radford this morning. Blood pressure hasn't changed since the last visit. Still 140/90. He's put me on an additional tablet called ADALAT OROS. It's a slow release pill. He told me that I might feel a little flushed when I take it. And it means that its working if I do. I took my medication when I got back and flushed I was. Felt like I had been taking alcohol or something. I don't know if I was imagining it but my motor skills seemed to be affected for awhile as well. Bumped against the walls of the toilet after I peed. I decided to take a rest after that before my interview with Shannon, the manager of McDonald's Hawthorn.

Shannon - sounds like a chick's name doesn't it? Well, now I know it can be a guy's name as well. Got a call from Ben yesterday when I was playing Luigi's Mansion and told me to contact Shannon to set up a meeting. Ben mentioned the name before and I heard him mention "Shannon" and "him" in the same sentence before. Oh guess what? I've read in the latest issue of Cleo that there's an eligible bachelor called Shannon as well. Well - just letting all of you know out of curiosity. On an interesting note, the Japanese guy from "Crash Palace" is also one of them. He's an actor/fitness instructor.

Well anyway, Shannon tells me he doesn't really need a full timer. I was disappointed. This means I'll only earn half of what I expected. How am I going to manage my expenses and bills and rent? I asked him how many hours would I have to work and the reply was about 20 hours per week. He asked if that was alright or would I prefer a full time job. I said I'd prefer a full time job since I had expenses to take care off. * Well - gimme a part time job with a full timer's salary and I won't complain! *. The outcome of it is, he'll try to work out a schedule and I'll have to see him again on Monday morning.

And that' s about it. Another day coming to an end. It's now 7.37 pm. Just finished dinner.

Wanna hear about the past couple of days? I'll spare the "intimate" details. Lots of GameCube time. I think I must've watched a couple of movies on DVD or something. I can't remember. Of course there was WWE RAW as well.

Oh yes, the 2nd episode of "Felicity" as well. I got the guy's name right. He was called Ben and the friend's name is Julie. To make a long story short, Felicity's parents tried to convince her to go back and to study at Stamford but their efforts failed. Felicity insisted that she remains in New York. A meeting with her advisor and parents ended in disappointment for her mother when she found out her daughter came all the way to New York just because of a guy. In the end, we hear the mother's side of the story which is she didn't want her daughter to follow her footsteps which was getting married at 20 years old when she seemed to have the whole future ahead of her. Another thing I found out watching the 2nd episode was that Felicity went to New York because she wanted to follow Ben, but being enrolled at the same college was a coincidence. I don't know if its for the sake of dramatisation but would you really follow someone you didn't really know halfway across the country? Why don't you girls tell me... well ok, so maybe the guy looks like a dirty blonde/brown haired Freddie Prinze Jr. But..COME ON! Would you do something drastic just to be with another person?
Hrmmm wait. I think I've done something similar in the past....how young and foolish I was. Guess what? I'm not telling either! Tough luck! :þ

KA's friends are here. 2 of them and they'll be here for a couple of weeks. They decided to go to the zoo today, invited me but I declined because I had other things to do. Before I had dinner, DT asked me if I was having dinner on my own. Strange question which I soon got answers for. Seems that the sisters are preparing their own meals for themselves now. He said he will be having dinner with ML but since he's not here, he'll have to eat alone. He invited me for Indian food but I said I had to budget. It's true in a way. Indian food here isn't that cheap. Anyway, I actually heard them arguing over dinner a couple of times. From what I heard, DT was trying to pick a fight or something. The sisters cook for him and he was complaining about it over something trivial, I would assume. If I heard correctly, I think I heard him saying that the food didn't look right! Now...what kind of person does that? YES - they do shout instead of speak at times. It's something I've learnt to cope with the entire 1 year and 5 months I've been here.

He called me from the restaurant and said that there's a midnight screening for Resident Evil. It dawned to me that it was a Friday night and he's in search for entertainment. I personally don't mind but he's rented about 20 videos and DVDs! He's supposed to have tuition in about 40 minutes as well. We'll see how it goes later.

Now I'm done with the update. Time to email mummy and daddy about the job and stuff. Another email's due anyway.

Countdown to Super Smash Brothers Melee Australian Launch - 7 days.



No comments: