Sunday, May 12, 2002

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day: 148 (Monday, 13th May 2002)
Status: On call
Days without PS2: 3 days
Listening to: City High - What Would You Do
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must try to update my journal at night, before bed time. No point updating it early in the day and missing out a bunch of stuff to be added.

So - a continuation from Friday night. I was in IRC (seems to be like a regular hang out) and who do I see online but my old friend,J. Talked to him awhile. I met him once back in Malaysia. Used to drive a modified Honda Civic EK hatch. Pearl white in colour with Type-R performance parts. I remember the first time I met him. You could hear his car from the end of the road. Anyway, talked to him online for awhile. He told me he sold off his Nissan Skyline R-33 recently because of high maintanence in terms of fuel. He was spending about $ 100 a week on that petrol guzzling, 2.5 litre beauty. It's a pity he sold if off and got himself a Nissan Pulsar 1.8 hatch. A pity because he decided to come pick me up for dinner. Oh well. We ended up having dinner in Richmond, at the restaurant where I always have my BBQ pork chop with broken rice. He was supposed to stop by after that for some PS2 action but he decided to go home as he was too tired.

Saturday, nothing much happened as far as I can remember. Saturday is WWF Smackdown day so it was a couple of hours in front of the tv for me. KE's friend stayed over for the night.

Fast forward to today. It's Sunday. Was gloomy the whole day. Perfect for sleeping. Went out to get KFC for dinner. Suddenly........
DT asked me if I wanted to go for a movie. Ended up watching the 10pm screening of "The Scorpion King".Mmmmm...yummy Kelly Hu. *slurps* It was alright assuming you don't have any high expectations for these sorts of movies. Then again, most of you might have already seen this one. Still, it was a treat. It's been 3 months since I last stepped into a cinema hall. The last time I was at the movies was with Ryan at Crown, to watch "Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring" back in February when he was here for a holiday.

Now, I'm wondering should I get Star Wars:Rogue Leader on launch day. It's not that I'm a big fan of Star Wars but the graphics are really good. I've never even played flight simulations much. There was that time when I played X-Wing and Tie Fighter on the PC. Perhaps I'll get it after all. Why am I even considering this right now?

Countdown (according to www.nintendo.com.au) - 3 days 21 hours 44 mins 5 secs to GameCube's Australian Launch.

So near but yet still out of grasp. Just a few more days to go. It isn't long. I can wait. I have no choice.

Guess its off to photocopy the letter from the Immigration and drop it off for Ben. Might even deposit the rest of my coins to the bank tomorrow. Will have to see how it goes.

A short update tonight. Lucky readers. No need to go through lines and lines of my babbling.....Goodnight world.



No comments: