Friday, November 21, 2003

The day didn't start off too well this morning. Its pouring outside. Got wet trying to get to the car. Got my left sleeve soaked but its not really a big deal. Its good to have the net back - even for awhile. It just proves that we're all junkies of different sorts. That said, its really good to be back.

I usually don't believe too much in horoscopes. But yesterday was a very good day indeed. Not one, not two but THREE pieces of fantastic news! To start off the morning, mum calls home and says she won the lottery, but just very small winnings. Later on, dad tells me the same thing because they bought the same number.

Later on in the afternoon, I get news that I've been accepted for my attachment at PrimeRite Systems in Puchong. So for those of you who will be in that area and want to meet up for lunch or something, give me a buzz. I'll be starting on the 8th of December. Good thing I won't be alone there. Seen Hon will be joining me. I haven't begun to imagine what it would be like since it will be a completely spanking new IT Department. We'll have to see how it goes. For the others who haven't got their attachments yet, I hope the best for them. They should be getting something soon. Even though they might not be reading this, just want to let them know I'm concerned as a friend as well.

Still later in the afternoon, I receive THE phone call. It's the best news of the day I reckon. But something of which I won't elaborate until everything is finalized.

On the other hand, the day wasn't very productive, not unlike every other day we show up to do our project. We are still behind and we still won't be able to finish anytime soon. Everyone seems to be in the Raya holiday mood already. Some don't even bother to turn up. What's more, its the last day of classes today before we break off for a very long break. Still, the good news up till that point outweighed the bad.

I received mail from Shell requesting for my Uni and school results. I get a feeling the response I'll be getting from them won't be very encouraging. Even the selection process is very tedious from what I heard and read from their website. Still, I don't think I'd have anything to lose by trying to apply for it. Yes - that's the way, think positively - be optimistic.

I still haven't studied for the FMUTM exams tomorrow. Dad tells me it'll be at KDU at 3pm - 6pm tomorrow afternoon. That gives me some time to go through it tonight and tomorrow morning. Spent alot of my free time on the PS2. Also been going online for abit since the network here is screwed. And they blame us for the slowdown saying we introduced viruses to the systems!

Also received an sms from Pearly before I went to bed last night. Don't know if she messaged me on her own initiative or after some prodding from Brandy or the others. Whatever it is, someone remembered me and that's a good thing I suppose - nice if it was Pearly herself though! They'll be going to Coffee Bean in Sri Hartamas to meet up. Told her I wouldn't be able to make it due to said exams. I guess there's always another time - and when the time comes, they'll be impressed! Or at least I hope they will.

Almost time to head to class. It's the weekend. I'll have some time to myself after tomorrow. Hooray!

No comments: