Sunday, November 23, 2003

OK, I suppose its time to let the cat out of the bag. If you've been reading this regularly, you'll realise that there was a "surprise" I've been mentioning from time to time. I think the time is right. I have finally got my car! Yes! Not just any car but a Honda Civic EK-3 (1997 spec)! Now, who wouldn't be happy eh?

Been going to the workshop with dad for the past 2 days to get some things done to the car. So what does it look like? I don't have pictures to show just yet. Here's what I can tell you. It's white in colour, pearl white or I think the official code would be Championship (?) White. It comes with Mugen-styled front, side and rear skirts.

The only major exterior problem is that the rear-skirt is cracked. I'll just leave it as it is until it drops off or really needs a new replacement. The original Malaysian-spec Civic spoiler needs a new coat of paint as well. I told dad of my plans to completely replace the spoiler but he says to keep it. He's right, we've spent close to RM 55,000 on the car already. Some of these things can wait - be thankful I have a car to drive. And not just any car, a car I've been waiting 6 years to get my hands on.

Got a Pioneer CD-player with MP3 capabilities yesterday. I think it was close to RM 700. I guess there's no need for a changer as yet. I think I have all the music I need in my CD-Rs. Time to get some CD-RWs and update my collection.

Today, we might go source for a new windshield which has a 12-inch crack. Probably going to install an alarm system today as well. The rear brake lights needs a wiring check I reckon.

Manage to drive the car for awhile yesterday. Must say I have to get used to the car. The handling is different, the engine definitely gets some getting used to. The 1.5l SOHC Vtec engine leaves the Wira's 1.5 in the dust. Now, I know this might not sound patriotic but seriously, Proton has alot of catching up to do.




Looks like this update has to be cut short. Further upgrades to be done to the car:
- get a different spoiler (EG-9 style)
- replace the rear skirting or the whole bodykit when it starts to fall off.
- get a new coat of paint (possibly white or pearl/metallic/midnight black)

Check back again for updates.

No comments: